What are some brands that will repair the 'phones you bought if the wire snaps?
Oct 31, 2007 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Matt174e

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if very many companies will let you send in your buds to be repaired if the cords snap. I've always had cheap headphones... so if the wire breaks, no big deal. But I'm in the market now for something that sounds good
580smile.gif

My main concern is the repair service for my unlucky trend of faulty wires/clumsiness. I realize that it won't be covered under the warranty (unlikely at least), but I would just like the peace of mind that I can send them back for a reasonable cost.

I was going to buy super.fi's because of their replaceable wires (which is genius) but I read that they may be too big for small ear cannals
frown.gif

Then I saw the q-jays and I fell in love with them, they would be perfect for me. But I got a response back on their forums saying that if I broke the wire I'd have to buy a new pair. The thought of throwing $179 buds in the trash makes me cringe. http://forum.jays.se/forums/thread/1044.aspx

Are most companies like Jays? Maybe I'd probably be better off buying a cheap pair every year or two
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Just out of curiosity... has anyone ever had a pair of post $100 headphones and had the cable snap/wear overtime.

I really want the q-jays but their service is too sketchy.

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Any cable will wear over time. I used my Grado's for 3 years before it started having issues. *shrug* just ended up recabling it myself. Any respectable headphone company will at least have a repair service if you handle your gear roughly. The etymotic ER-4p also have replaceable cables. (i'm sure there are others but that's all i know in your price range other than the SF5)

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 8
I did not baby my $200 Etymotic ER-4Ps. I don't even know where the case is right now. I didn't toss 'em around or treat them rough either, but the sound became intermittent in one ear during my two-year warranty period. A very pleasant lady answered my call on their customer service line and I was able to arrange a very quick RMA service. Two weeks later I received my phones back with a new set of P cables attached.

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 8
^ that's good to know, cause I definitely don't baby my ER-4P's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back