What are some alternative headphones to the Bose Triports in terms of weight and...
Jan 16, 2007 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Happyprozak

Head-Fier
I tried some Bose Triports at a store and I couldn't listen to them because the display thing wasnt working, but they are super comfortable and light. You can just about forget that you are wearing headphones. So what is out there that is equally light and comfortable? Or does Bose take the cake in this department?

For some reference I have some HD280 pros and I find them heavy and that they the clamp my average size head slightly too hard.

Also my ears don't like IEM's.

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 6
Are there any particular sound characteristics you're looking for? What's your budget?

I think BOSE nailed it in the comfort department. If I were to pick one headphone to get as a TriPorts replacement I'd go with the Sony MDR-SA1000 for $100 (If you want something higher-end, you can go higher up the chain with the SA3000s or the SA5000s). I found them very comfortable and light on my head.

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 6
if you can find a pair of MDR-D66SLs or if you're lucky MDR-D77s they're insanely comfortable

there is a successor to both which is the MDR-D777. i can't vouch for them in the comfort dept, but jjcha IIRC has a pair. he might give you insight.

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by cali141 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Technica makes a very similar set to the Triports, the ATH-OR7.

I'm trying to find out a bit more about these headphones, like if they are as comfortable as the Bose ones, as they are just as light if not a bit lighter, but I can't find very many reviews or info on them. Anywhere else I should be looking besides here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back