What are people’s opinion of the Niimbus 5 Pro amp?
Mar 11, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #16 of 20
xlr out of the holo and xlr hp cable: Susvaras at +12 and utopias at -6 (usually).
When listening to Susvaras, what position is the volume control on?
Although I do not have a Niimbus, I use a Violectric 590 as an amplifier with Holo May (connection via RCA). When listening, I set the gain to no more than +6. In this case, the position of the knob is at the level of 3-5 o'clock and the system plays more emotionally and expressively. Increasing the gain slightly reduces the emotionality and slightly increases the background noise.

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #17 of 20
When listening to Susvaras, what position is the volume control on?
Although I do not have a Niimbus, I use a Violectric 590 as an amplifier with Holo May (connection via RCA). When listening, I set the gain to no more than +6. In this case, the position of the knob is at the level of 3-5 o'clock and the system plays more emotionally and expressively. Increasing the gain slightly reduces the emotionality and slightly increases the background noise.
I like to work around 11-1, give or take a bit.

i haven’t particularly noticed or looked for any change to sound based on gain myself.

there is no +6 on the pre gain of the us4

from memory i would have preferred a -9 for the utopias so recently gone to the -6 so i don’t go too far round the dial or start to run out of dial

no massive dramas either way :)

Mar 12, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #18 of 20
I like to work around 11-1, give or take a bit.

i haven’t particularly noticed or looked for any change to sound based on gain myself.

there is no +6 on the pre gain of the us4

from memory i would have preferred a -9 for the utopias so recently gone to the -6 so i don’t go too far round the dial or start to run out of dial

no massive dramas either way :)
Just in case you need a "+6" gain. Picture from the instruction below.
1678641996796.png

Mar 12, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 20
Just in case you need a "+6" gain. Picture from the instruction below.
1678641996796.png
Thanks. I can’t remember if i’ve tried that, or if i needed it. If i did it was early on.

i’ll keep it in mind

cheers

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #20 of 20
I could compare Niimbus US5 Pro and HoloAudio Bliss KTE.

I found Niimbus extremely transparent and neutral with outstanding soundstage... but also emotionally very cold and almost sterile, to a degree that I couldn`t enjoy my music anymore and was only busy with "observing" placement of tunes on soundstage and amazing at transparency.
I let Niimbus go and hold Bliss.
Bliss KTE is very musical and engaging but nevertheless also neutral with very small nano-hint of warmth.
The soundstage in Niimbus has defined boundaries what I don`t hear with Bliss.
What I didn`t like with Niimbus that it mostly sound very distant.
Soundstage with Bliss is very flexible and more deep. Bliss can sound depending on recording intimate or distant, just as soundstage can be big or less big because every recording is different. Niimbus do not show this differences as clear and always tend to sound distant and cold.
Both amps show every little change in chain, and for me this transparency makes very good Amplifier...
Actually in perfekt Audio-World - Amplifier have to amplify and nothing else, but most of them do not.
For me Bliss can transfer the soul of the Music, wich Niimbus can much much less, what result in less enjoyment with Niimbus.
Unfortunately Niimbus in its perfection have lost its musicality, and that's a very pity. Niimbus is a prefect tool to dissect and analyze Music but not really enjoy.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back