what are other people wearing?
Aug 29, 2005 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

ThePantyThief

New Head-Fier
people love to look, especially at things they hold an interest in. i constantly find myself staring at people with headphones on just to see what kinds of phones they are wearing. hrmm what kind of can is that? i wonder if that person is enjoying his headphone purchase even though i clearly wouldnt be. k, i'm going to have to stop looking at other people funny before i get my ass kicked. in japan probably 90% of the people i saw wearing headphones were wearing some audio-technica derivative clip on style ear-bud (but bigger) thingy's. and i bet they all thought i was checking them out. eh i'm a bit weird.

\by the way i now own ms1's, px100's and a self made cmoy as a result of reading and enjoying these forums, cheers -sam

Aug 29, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 42
I often get caught staring at cans.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 42
What a hilarious post. You should clip your Cmoy on your belt and see if they look at you!

Aug 29, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 42
One time I was walking around school, regretting that I forgot to grab my V6's on the way out the door, and I saw a guy I had never seen before wearing V6's. That was the first time I questioned my sexuality.

Aug 29, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 42
I walk around the streets with the MS-1, RS-1 and DT880.

No one pays any attention to the MS-1.

The RS-1 gets curious looks, and some people have even asked what they are.

The DT880 gets some stares, but less than I expected. It's actually not that big, and the silver/gray/black color combination looks relatively inobtrusive.

The ATH-A and AD series are a different story.

Aug 29, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #7 of 42
I was just on a trip to Paris and saw many people wearing Porta Pros there. One Japanese ran around town with his HD 555s round his neck. Looked pretty cool - at least to me
580smile.gif
I think in the japanese culture showing off technical stuff is generally considered as "cool". I read somewhere that in Tokyo many people wear their Sony PSPs like a necklace
eek.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 42
I am born 1966 and have always my KSC 75's dangling somewhere together with my portabel. Besides the pure musical intention, that also distinguishes me from the other gentrified members of my generation whose days of musical interest & awareness have long gone bye. People often ask me friendly what I've got there 'cause my overall resulting appearance is rather unserious and un1966ish.

Aug 29, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 42
i always stare at girls' panties under their skirts with my shoes-with-mirror, just wandering which trademark do they wear!
obviously i do it while i'm listening to my hd595!
580smile.gif

ok ok just kidding!
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabblerblue
I've seen a lot of people wandering around downtown Toronto wearing Sony MDR-7506s, Grados, and Koss PortaPros.

Sometime this city makes me proud.
smily_headphones1.gif

lol i saw a school of kids wearing sony V300's. it was a friggin army of sony users!! i was in my moms car driving by and i was like,
plainface.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #14 of 42
some of the headphones that i've seen people walk around with in Tokyo and Taipei:

FC7
EC7
EM7
random AT clip-ons and buds
random Sony clip-ons and buds
Sony D66 Eggos
Koss Portapros
Shure E3C
some huge Sony behind the head cans

the coolest thing was that my girl used em7s when i met her.

Aug 29, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
lol i saw a school of kids wearing sony V300's. it was a friggin army of sony users!! i was in my moms car driving by and i was like,
plainface.gif

I would have been scarred for life! Waking up in the middle of the night with dreams of V300 army's chasing me through the forest of Sony Entertainment! Gah!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back