What App Do You Suggest To Backup My Vista Laptop To External HDD? More Info On My Setup Inside.
Mar 23, 2008 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
So i use Drive image 7 on my gaming pc to backup my partitions to my partitioned up external hard disk.

After vista on my laptop melted down a couple of nights ago and locked me out of reading and writing etc. to my C partition, and after hours of commands that didnt work etc. i burnt a vista disc (my laptop only came with the Tosh recovery disc which wanted to wipe the hdd, and then i would loose my master music collection, which i havnt yet synced with the PC)

I wiped my C partition after opening and resaving the important stuff to my music partition, i reinstalled vista with the product key that came with my laptop, reinstalled all of my on-the-go-away-from-desktop pc-in-the-lounge apps, and toshiba drivers, updates etc, and i finally have my laptop back to how it was before!

Now i want to back it up, and Drive Image 7 isnt supported, and when ran, fails to start.

The windows vista backup tool says under "additional files" that it doesnt backup program files or system files. Well that is useless for me.

I want to backup of my vista partition, and my master music collection, which is all tagged and sorted from my laptop, stored on it, listened to from it, and also later synced to the pc. Then i plan to make the Vista SP1 recovery disc too, as the Toshiba one is rubbish for me.

It must have a function for boot discs too, so i can boot the programs boot disc, and restore the backup when Vista is screwed up.

What do you suggest i use?

Open to suggestions.

Thanks In Advance,

Matt

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 2
Acronis True Image

Users who are viewing this thread

Back