What amps work well with the AKG k702's
Nov 29, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by suneohair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. Interesting. Dan @ Blackbird told me it was a two piece unit, I didn't realize the Q-PSU was considered an upgrade. How is the DAC powered without the Q-PSU? I hope I am not hijacking the thread, this information seems useful nonetheless.

Without the PSU Dactilus is powered with an included power supply, PSU is an optional upgrade. Some dealers sell two versions of Dactilus - one with stock power supply and the other with Q-PSU. The latter is obviously more expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suneohair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a little confused why it was represented to me this way.

The answer to your confusion is probably here.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiogalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom Max.

Isn’t this no longer produced, and way over the OP’s budget? You’ve also recommended an amp without stating why it’s your preference - which is next to useless.

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #21 of 24
I like Gilmore Lite and M³ with K701/2, they're around $300 used depending on condition or option. Gilmore lite is really transparent, bass on K701 is fast and punchy. On the other hand, M³ is more musical but it is as transparent as Gilmore lite.

and you still have $300 for DAC, take a look at Pico DAC. It is a small USB DAC with high end converter, output stage and upsampling.

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #24 of 24
hey i really appreciate all the suggestions im gonna do some more research, i want to find a good match for my musical tastes, i listen to a lot of acoustic, folk, some rock and indie pop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back