What amplifier do u recommend me. details inside!
Apr 3, 2007 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pablobaluba

100+ Head-Fier
sorry if this is another borring thread for you. i browsed around and made an idea about the amps, but i need more than this.

hd555
i listen mostly hip hop and i also want it for movies.
i don't need it to be portable, but that's no problem if it is.
i will connect it directly in to my pcs soundcard.
and now the painful part....the price...is there something cheapr...i thought <50$...max 80$
smily_headphones1.gif

cause all i've seen is quite expensive here around
thanks

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 7
Amps are expensive, and the HD555 does not benefit very noticeably from amplifaction. I notice a very slight more fullness when I plug mine into my Onkyo receiver, but for these specific headphones, to me, the change is not worth the price premium. Buy some more albums, enjoy the music
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 7
Nope, no amp for you =]. +1 on not worth it, for that matter for that money it might make things worse. Generally if you want improvement in SQ, you are going to have to move up the headphone chain first and upgrade the soundcard, all for mucho $ -_-;;.

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 7
ok. thanks for the helpful opinions
smily_headphones1.gif
i only got my senn hd555's yesterday...i'm a newbie, and my quesiton came in after i noticed that the sound is a bit different depending on the source i plug them in.
i tried 5 different sources and they all sound different from each other:

1.directly from soundcard. a nice sound with aboslute no hiss or distortion.
2.in the low-cost speakers which were connected to the soundcard. the sound was a bit more complex and the bass was more deep and strong. imo too strong for my taste, but there was a background noise because of the cheap speakers
3.in the front line-out - (where the cd rom is). this was the weakest of all. poor bass, mids were extremly high.
4.into my mp3 player. decent sound, but i would prefer more bass.
5.i connected them to my music station...to radio. they sound better than all. i can even say the sound was very good. deep and nice bass, clear highs. very very nice
anyway.i am using them with the pc so my problem now is to decide between connecting them to soundcard directly or through speakers. but i think i'll put them direclty in, cause the speakers are poor and have a low hiss that i feel

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablobaluba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok. thanks for the helpful opinions
smily_headphones1.gif
i only got my senn hd555's yesterday...i'm a newbie, and my quesiton came in after i noticed that the sound is a bit different depending on the source i plug them in.
i tried 5 different sources and they all sound different from each other:

1.directly from soundcard. a nice sound with aboslute no hiss or distortion.
2.in the low-cost speakers which were connected to the soundcard. the sound was a bit more complex and the bass was more deep and strong. imo too strong for my taste, but there was a background noise because of the cheap speakers
3.in the front line-out - (where the cd rom is). this was the weakest of all. poor bass, mids were extremly high.
4.into my mp3 player. decent sound, but i would prefer more bass.
5.i connected them to my music station...to radio. they sound better than all. i can even say the sound was very good. deep and nice bass, clear highs. very very nice
anyway.i am using them with the pc so my problem now is to decide between connecting them to soundcard directly or through speakers. but i think i'll put them direclty in, cause the speakers are poor and have a low hiss that i feel

Those are pretty much all properties of the sources you are using apart from the speakers - the case of the speakers is that they are tailored to have more bass as alot of people in the low-fi user group judge quality of sound purely by volume of bass. If you feel for better sound, amass some money and grab a Total Bithead as amp and soundcard upgrade in one =]

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 7
the only purchase i'd recommend would be a grade 1/4 => 1/8' adapter cable since it probably isn't a good idea to subject the headphoen jack on ur soundcard/mp3 player etc to so much strain...just my $0.02

Apr 4, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Yo Pablo.... feeling sorry for your wallet already! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back