What Amp?
Nov 24, 2005 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xiode

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I thought I was satisfied with my SR-60's. Don't get me wrong, they're great cans. Then, about a week and a half ago, I was browsing the Headphone forum here, and saw some great reviews of the HD-555's. I was interested to see how the Senn sound signature sounded in comparison to my Grado's, and I figured I'd treat myself to an early Christmas present.
tongue.gif

Anyway, after using them for about a week now (although the burn-in isn't quite finished), these babies are nothing short of amazing. Although the SR-60's and the HD-555's are in different leagues, I think Sennheiser just found themself another fanboy.
icon10.gif

Thus far, however, I've been using them unamped on my iPod. I'm away for Thanksgiving break and I have no mobile amp, so I'm interested to see what they do amped. I can't wait to get home tomorrow!

However, I just recently sold my modded Emu 0404, and in it's place I got a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty, mainly for simplicity (I didn't like the Emu drivers). Now, my PIMETA and custom interconnects aren't quite compatible with my current setup.

Now, here's my question: Which amp should I get for Sennheiser HD-555's, that will connect to my Creative X-Fi? I'd like to keep it sub-$300, if at all possible.

Anyone?
Thanks in advance!
600smile.gif

Nov 24, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 5
meier-audio porta corda III?
Headroom airhead/bithead?
Dont know if they are a good match, do a search--> you will probably find some info.

P.S.
You need to edit your sig
cool.gif

Nov 24, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reminder.
wink.gif

Is there any way I can hook my current PIMETA up to my X-Fi?

Nov 25, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiode
Thanks for the reminder.
wink.gif

Is there any way I can hook my current PIMETA up to my X-Fi?

You can hook anything to anything with the right adapter plug(s)... check Radio Shack
tongue.gif
. Or if you want a higher quality cable, you can find mini to RCA's and such online.

Nov 25, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 5
So what actually is the name of the type of cable I'm looking for? When I say that, I mean... the cable that will give me the best audio quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back