What amp? Sansa Clip + Denon C551
Nov 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nathanlgd

Head-Fier
Hiya guys, I'm currently gathering info to help buy my first MP3 player setup. So far, with good help from this forum and obviously the forum members, we've narrowed down the player and ear phones to a Sansa clip and Denon C551 ear phones to suit my budget and needs.
Now before I order I want to clear up the issue of "amping". I was initialy recommended I use a FiiO E3 but I've since been informed that it may not work well with the Denons.
My questions are - would I be better of with a different amp? or seen as the E3 is so cheap, would it be worth using that anyway for any small gain it might produce?
Look forward to your input guys, thanks.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 5
if i was you id wait till you have the three things, i dont believe the C551's benefit wildly from being amped (never used them myself though) but the FiiO are so cheap get one and see if u like it other wise i think any money being out towards an amp just now would be better going to getting the C751's (or C700's) instead as i think that would you would see far more improvement for your money than getting an amp thats better than the FiiO

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 5
I've just checked out the price of the 751's and 700's. The 751's are "alot" more money but the 700's are only a few more quid. Maybe I'll go for those and leave out the amp.

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 5
The C700 and C751's are identical - you get a few more bits in the packaging with the C751's.

I am getting some Shure SE 530's this week and then my C700's may be available, if you're interested pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back