What amp/dac with dt770 for ps3?
Dec 11, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 9
Astro Mixamp, for the Dolby Headphone virtual suround, which works very well with the DT770 Pro 80.

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Astro Mixamp, for the Dolby Headphone virtual suround, which works very well with the DT770 Pro 80.

Cheers mate. I've actually read many threads where you have been Involved and used this device, so I know it should be pretty decent. 

Is there any noticeably better headphones than the ones I mentioned.

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 9
The D2000 is a very popular choice, and is definitely better than the DT770 Pro 80.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 9
That's subjective, since I don't know what you want in your sound. Considering you were uhh, considering the DT770 Pros, the D2000 is the logical choice that matches that characteristic.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
That's subjective, since I don't know what you want in your sound. Considering you were uhh, considering the DT770 Pros, the D2000 is the logical choice that matches that characteristic.

Yeah I see what you mean. Gonna purchase an optical cable for digital. Is that wise?

Ps3>optical>mixamp>3.5mm jack to 3.5mm>e9>headphones

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #8 of 9
You won't need the E9 in the mix for gaming. The Mixamp is enough for the D2000 for gaming, since they are easy to drive. The gain in audio fidelity by attaching the E9 for the D2000 isn't going to be noticeable, because Dolby Headphone's virtualization alters the sound too much (which isn't a bad thing for gaming and movies).

For music, yes, the E9 would be good.

Now if it were the Beyers, then yes, the E9 would be beneficial. In that case, the setup you mentioned would be correct. I do believe the Mixamp comes with an optical cable (the 5.8 surely does). For a better built cable, any from Amazon or Monoprice will do. They all sound 100% the same.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
You won't need the E9 in the mix for gaming. The Mixamp is enough for the D2000 for gaming, since they are easy to drive. The gain in audio fidelity by attaching the E9 for the D2000 isn't going to be noticeable, because Dolby Headphone's virtualization alters the sound too much (which isn't a bad thing for gaming and movies).

For music, yes, the E9 would be good.

Now if it were the Beyers, then yes, the E9 would be beneficial. In that case, the setup you mentioned would be correct. I do believe the Mixamp comes with an optical cable (the 5.8 surely does). For a better built cable, any from Amazon or Monoprice will do. They all sound 100% the same.

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back