What AMP and DAC for my k7XX
Jul 24, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 6
I use a Massdrop Edition ODAC+O2 Combo unit and they sound really great, really clean.
These headphones scale amazingly well apparently and I had the opportunity to try the with M9XX's (though I don't own my own M9XX's)
A great Amp like that makes the K7XX's sound like $600 headphones, seriously.
I'd get that if you have a pretty killer budget, however the ODAC+O2 is a really clean combo. People complained about it being too cold with the K702 but the K7XX's combo really well with them since it's a tad warmer.
(Yes K7XX's are my daily drivers).
The Schiit Magni Modi combo sounds identical.
Another option worth trying is the Matrix M-Stage Amp.
It's well regarded as probably the best pairing for the K701's and K702's, and I'm not sure how they'll run with the K7XX's but I have every bit of confidence that the power and warmth would make the headphones sound wonderfully luscious. Only get these if 100% perfect accuracy isn't  necessary and you love enjoying your music (they aren't exactly innacurate though).

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 6
  i have a pair of AKG K7XX and i'm wondering what would be a good amp and dac for them, as i currently use the Schitt Fulla.

Do you have a budget for the DAC/amp?

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 6
  around $100-$250 each

The Vali 2 supposedly pairs very well with them.  The Modi 2 Uber also just recently got upgraded to the 4490 chip.  That would be an awesome combo for the price.  If your willing to spend more than $150 on the DAC though, I would wait until tomorrow to see how much Schiit will be selling the Modi Multibit for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back