What American accent do you have?
Jun 14, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #91 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a little surprising, born/raised in CA. I took frequent business trips to Illinois and Indiana, and I don't think I sounded anything like those folks at all.

Folks? I think you're showing signs of Midland speak.
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #93 of 180
Here's my results:
What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)
Midland
I'm not sure what "(Best version so far)" means. Is it there for all Midland accents?

I was born in Norcal but, being an Air Force brat, spent most of my youth at various bases in the west (Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Socal) and 2 years on Guam.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #94 of 180
I got midland. Surprise, surprise.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and I'm from Des Moines, Iowa, the home of the hottest chicks in the nation according to some traveler dude I forgot the name of.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #95 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Team DogfishHead", huh?
Can I be on "Team Immort Ale"?
Actually, I'd prefer to be on "Team De`Garde"!

Yup! Dogfish head!
wink.gif
I haven't tried Immort Ale yet (not sure what the hold up is!).. but it's gotta be yummy!! Juniper berries!!!
eggosmile.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #96 of 180
"Northeast New England

The kind of accent they have in Boston. There is more to it than just r's. "

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #97 of 180
Results are "Northeastern", but in general my pattern is "General American" with an occasional bit of Midtown Manhattan here and there.

The speech training here used to be "Standard English", which was quite British sounding, but I don't hear much of that anymore -- would sound pretty affected these days.

I can do a fair Noo Yawk (being a "native" -- apologies to any indigenous Manahatta or other original residents reading this), and Oh Maaaaan - I used to do a mean Queens years ago. Got an odd Canahhhhsie/Bvooklyn (yes with a "v") in my pocket (from an intense cuz who used to live there), and when on the Left Coast some So-Cal slips in.

I'm impressed at the better Brit actors who do very good regional American patterns. I can do a few, but some of those hams are great. My attempts at various British regions are fair to middling at best.

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #98 of 180
Midland for me. Born and raised here in San Antonio, TX

Jun 14, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #101 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have northeastern accent... and I'm Australian.

Now … do you pronounce "Australian" as

1) Awstr-ay-lyen

or

2) Awstr-eye-lyen

If your answer is number 2, you are not smarter than a fifth grader.

(…sorry…couldn't resist…)

Jun 14, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #102 of 180
I drink Wah-ter, but apparently everyone else 'round here drinks WOOTr.

Jun 14, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #103 of 180
What is with all the Midland accents? Crazy!

My results were Mid-Atlantic. I say WAH-ter and KAW-fee. I also say New Yawk.

But I grew up in parts of Northern Jersey and the Philly area. I also spent time in Japan.

Also, if I remember correctly the Philly accent says "rowt" for route. I say "root."

Jun 15, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #105 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup! Dogfish head!
wink.gif
I haven't tried Immort Ale yet (not sure what the hold up is!).. but it's gotta be yummy!! Juniper berries!!!
eggosmile.gif

Hold everything...you are on "Team Dogfish Head" and you've never had Immort Ale?
tongue.gif
Is this JV or Varsity?
tongue.gif
3000smile.gif

I haven't seen it in a while either come to think of it.
I once brewed a beer with 4x the Juniper berries as Immort Ale and we added Hawthorne ta'boot. After three beers I could see blue lightening bolts flash across my white walls. The magic of essential oils....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back