What am I looking for?
Mar 9, 2006 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

benton

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am on my track on finding the perfect headhpones and hoping it can happen soon. So far I am set for portable cans, but just need some good home headphones. So far I have owned:

-Super.fi 5 KEEPER
-Koss KSC-75 KEEPER
-HD-555 SOLD

I was not happy with the HD-555 after hearing the super.fi's. I feel that everything is waaaay mellow and droning. Almost like the music was a robot, where as I want something that will make me feel like I am there and go woaaahhhh eargasm. I really want some help so I am going to let you guys know some things about me.

I listen to:

Lots of reggae, jam bands, mellow rock(jack jonhson, DMB), rap, and a little bit of rock.

I want:

Nice, accurate bass, awsome sound quality, smooth sound, great for the music I listen to, decently comfortable. Leaking is not an issue as these will be at home phones. I like the super.fi sound so maybe something around terms of that.

My budget $120

Please reccomend away, and tell me why you reccomend what you do.

Thanks in advanced,

benton

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 9
Try used DT990 pro but you will need an amp. Sound really great with mellow rock
biggrin.gif

If not, MS1 will be a great choice.

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 9
It kinda sounds like you want a Grado.

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Alessandro MS1?

Yup, sounds exactly like what you want to me. If you find that the HD555 is too laid back, you're probably looking for a Grado/Alessandro.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Anything I should know about the MS-1 before making a purchase?

Just that they freakin' rock.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Just that they freakin' rock.

QFT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back