What about the customs in India while buying from Massdrop?
May 21, 2019 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sammed92

New Head-Fier
I have decided on buying the HD6xx, which will round up to $235 including shipping to India. Has anyone bought the same/similar priced drop from Massdrop? How much was the customs charged and when and where was it charged? Please help

Jun 1, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't know about India, but I know Massdrop is notorious for duties on all places other than USA so itll be certain that there are extra fees you'll pay.

When I bought them I had to pay approximately $25 USD on top of price shipped and it was paid on the spot when they delivered. Hopefully my experience can allude to your situation!

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't know about India, but I know Massdrop is notorious for duties on all places other than USA so itll be certain that there are extra fees you'll pay.

When I bought them I had to pay approximately $25 USD on top of price shipped and it was paid on the spot when they delivered. Hopefully my experience can allude to your situation!

OK - I'm not affiliated with Massdrop in any way. However, I do ship many items to countries outside the USA.

Just to be clear, a US retailer has nothing whatsoever to do with duties outside the USA - neither does any other mfr or retailer shipping items from the USA to another country. Those are duties and VAT taxes the destination country charges, not the USA or the USA mfr/retailer. Massdrop charges extra for shipping outside the USA (as does every shipping service), but it has nothing to do with the duties/VAT you may pay in the destination country.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 5
OK - I'm not affiliated with Massdrop in any way. However, I do ship many items to countries outside the USA.

Just to be clear, a US retailer has nothing whatsoever to do with duties outside the USA - neither does any other mfr or retailer shipping items from the USA to another country. Those are duties and VAT taxes the destination country charges, not the USA or the USA mfr/retailer. Massdrop charges extra for shipping outside the USA (as does every shipping service), but it has nothing to do with the duties/VAT you may pay in the destination country.

Whoops. Apologies. My wording came on too strong and without sufficient explanation.

Yes, I am aware that duties are a government issued taxation and not administered by Massdrop. I just meant to say that the frequency to which one is likely to receive duties/additional taxation is much greater when purchasing from Massdrop relative to purchasing from other American establishments as a foreigner.

Having said this, some items are still worth it and others yet are even exclusively on Massdrop so it's always exciting to check out what they have.

Thanks for catching that!

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 5
...only in countries where the national postal service is lax in applying customs and duties. Massdrop has pretty fair international shipping charges, but the handling fee (15 bucks-ish) charged by the carrier (UPS a lot of the time) and the duties/VAT generally add a good 22-25% to the price here in the EU. Whether it’s worth it depends on the product and pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back