What about an audio-technica Featured Review???
Feb 25, 2002 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

M Rael

500+ Head-Fier
What is it going to take to have a review of one of the audio-technica models placed into the Featured Review section? Since the guys that bought them are really digging them, I'm wondering what the process is behind decisions like that. Is it like, a political thing? It cant be based on availability, since the R10 is well.. its obvious. So, what gives?

Feb 25, 2002 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

What is it going to take to have a review of one of the audio-technica models placed into the Featured Review section?

[size=medium]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/size]
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2002 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood

[size=medium]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/size]
biggrin.gif

The best things in life are free
But you can tell me 'bout the birds and bees.
Now gimme money (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want)
That's what I want, ye-ye-yeh,
That's what I want.

Money don't get everything it's true.
What it don't get I can't use.
So gimme money (that's what I want)
A little money (that's what I want)
That's what I want.

Yeh gimme money (that's what I want)
That's what I want.

Your lovin' give me a thrill
But your lovin' don't pay my bill.
Now gimme money (that's what I want)
That's what I want.

Money don't get everything it's true.
What it don't get I can't use.
That's what I want.

Yeh gimme money (that's what I want)
That's what I want.

Feb 25, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #7 of 19
Jude is the only one who puts featured reviews in their appropriate sections. There is no "conspiracy" to keep any particular review out. If you think that a certain review should be "featured" simply PM or email Jude.

Feb 25, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 19
I agree that at least one AT review should be considered for the featured reviews. I'm just playing devil's advocate, but perhaps why Jude didn't post any of those reviews is because they tended to be overwhelmingly positive, almost like ad copy, rather than like a review. Especially Tomcat's review -- it's good, but it's more just raw praise than a review. It would be better to know both strong points and areas where the W100s are weaker compared to other headphones. Tomcat's review seems to go on and on about "musical bliss" etc. MRael's comparison between the R10 and the W2002 is a lot better in this respect. It's more balanced and gets my vote.

Feb 25, 2002 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 19
you know, I haven't really even thought about the recent reviews and putting them in the proper areas! If you could please give me a few links to the more complete reviews I (or any of the other moderators) can put them where they belong.

Feb 25, 2002 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 19
Tomcat's review has been copied to the Featured Headphone Reviews forum. Now that first review's free, but the next one's gunna cost mark a nice pair of headphones!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #13 of 19
Thank you Neruda. I think KurtW or Spad or Kelly need to write a full review of the W2002, and then I think it would be appropriate to have it put into the Featured Review section.
It would be good for the many of us who have dared to go where others havent- and import these Japanese headphones.

p.s. headphones from mark? ..normally I would send you my Sony F1's, but we both know you think they stink- and stink baaaad. Come to Santa Fe and I'll arrange a R10/W2002 weekend for you.

p.s.s. I wont reply to your post (BELOW) because that would take the fun out of people pelting me from the gallery all on their own. So I'll just sit back and see whether I am blessed or cursed in all of this.

Feb 25, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #14 of 19
Mark, I think you're long overdue for a custom title: "Team Audio Technica's Messiah." whaddya say, folks?
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2002 at 6:40 AM Post #15 of 19
Actually, I never intended to do more than give my highly subjective opinion of the W2002s. I certainly wouldn't call what I wrote a 'review.' Much of what I've written also isn't representative of other owner's experiences, although it is curious that both Ross and I had similar reactions when first encountering my particular W2002s.

I do recommend that Mark's review--and it is a review--be included in the Featured Headphone Reviews. Had it not been for Mark's enthusiasm and well written posts here, I wonder how many of us would have our ATs today. I'm confident I, for one, would not have discovered them.

Equally important, I think a link to Mark's AT page should be included as well. It's a work in progress that promises to be the repository for all things Audio Technica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back