what about airhead amp?
Jun 23, 2004 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 10
What mp3 player/headphones?
Just wondering, because the airhead could be overkill, but then again knowing the people here maybe not.
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2004 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 10
overkill? cool, the sound power is never enough for me
k1000smile.gif

did u tried it? does it gives a clear and good sound without distortions? how much gain?

thanks for yo answer

(remember, english is not my tongue, speak easyly for me)

Jun 24, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 10
I have a total bithead, which is somewhat similar, but we don't have enough information. What headphones are you using, for instance?

But yeah, the total bithead at least is one slammin' little amp.

Jun 24, 2004 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 10
now I've an old sony mdr-32, but I'm thinkin to buy a sennheiser px100, is that amp too powerful for these kind of headphones?
better a cmoy for instance?

I like great volume and quality sound.....
lambda.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 10
What mp3 player are you using or planning to use?
Does it have a line-out?

What are you looking for in an amp? Volume or soundquality?

The px100s sound good out of most mp3players. And will give you more than enough volume.
basshead.gif

An amp will only improve the soundquality. But it won't make it 4 times better. If your are thinking of spending money on an amp I suggest you buy better headphones for that money first.

now you think of spending
€40 for the px100 +
$149 for the airhead +
$25 or $30 for shipping to Italy +
$?? import taxes =
> €190,-

You can buy MUCH better headphones that don't need an amp for that price!

Jun 24, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 10
... like for instance the etymotic 4p, live with them for a while, then add the converter cable to make them the 4s and get a Total Airhead. That would be a worthy portable setup indeed.
etysmile.gif

If you're in the EU, a worthy amp would be the Porta Corda II. It really has some great upgrade possiblities. For instance, you can bias it to class a mode for better sound, and turn off the led to conserve power. It takes a 9V battery, but can run from up to 28V from a power supply. That leaves a lot of room to grow.

I don't mean to take away from the airhead, as I love my bithead, but if you're in Europe, it's an option.

http://www.meier-audio.de (Head-fi sponsor)

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #9 of 10
thanks for the answers.
for Lisa:
i like sound and quality, but I like portable headphones too.....
I wish to obtain the best volume and quality from an headphone small like the px100, and accept advices for any other model like that.
My mp3 reader has the line out and the line for the headphone, but the volume is very low.........
What can i do?

for plainsong:
thanks for advices, I'll check out the corda
lambda.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 10
If you want to smallest in size but a true sound, I'd suggest either the etys or Shure series. I tried the Shure e3, but couldn't live with them, but I've had both er6 and 4p and loved them both, and they pair really nicely with a porta corda II.

For information, head on over to the headphone forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back