What a painful journey of my D-Z555 bidding on ebay
Jul 8, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwmidia
I've contacted the seller and he agreed to settle this issue by reducing the price to 325+ship

That sounds very iffy to me. He's obviously trying to avoid a conflict with eBay, and possibly rip you off on the side. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if these the seller and the retracting bidder are in cahoots or the same person.

I'd find it much more likely that it's a scam than some random bidder wasting his time in order to be a complete jerk. It's clear that the bid retraction was intended before it was ever made, that's one thing you know for sure.

Jul 9, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
I don't understand why you placed 22 bids? Why didn't you just put in 1 or 2 bids of the maximum amount you were willing to pay towards the end?

that's probably what he did. The bid history is sometimes confusing that way as it shows an outbid as a regular bid.

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #19 of 20
if the bidder retracted, as mentioned earlier, you pay the price before the retracted bidder placed his first bid.

You got scammed, i wouldnt doubt if the seller has something to do with it either.

If you feel the seller is truly innocent (you may be in denial) then there are also buyers on ebay that will retract, purposely to have you bid you max
i.e. competiting buyers say "fine if he wants to have it that bad, Ill make him pay for it" and abuses the retraction system

EBAY will NOT do anything, if there is any inkling of possibilty that the retracting bidder is innocent, they wash their hands and ignore the situation.

Some guy used a denied credit card (aka I suspect stolen) through out the week he told me payment was made and to send him the game, I called paypal and they defended him and said I rejected his payment. The operator was stupid because as it turned out the credit card companied stopped payment and i was informed later. Paypal lady on the phone kept insisting "I" personally denid his payment and it was my fault, I was like "Lady, I didnt even see a payment attempt, How can I deny it?"

I told ebay that the fool was a scammer with a stolen card and the buyer told ebay he maxed out his card and the bank rejected it, Ebay sided with him and let him go.

1 week later he does this to another member, but this time with a fake check, telling the member the check was sent and to send the game right away.

So far Ebay has NOT banned this fake account yet with to consecutive strikes of fraudulent activity. His feedback is -2 out of 2 transactions,

Thats how messed up ebay is. As long as they can make the money off the fees. they dont give a crap. A member has to make like 20 consecutive fraud auctions before ebay bans you.

Jul 11, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
If you feel the seller is truly innocent (you may be in denial) then there are also buyers on ebay that will retract, purposely to have you bid you max
i.e. competiting buyers say "fine if he wants to have it that bad, Ill make him pay for it" and abuses the retraction system.

Exactly, which is what I think went on in this auction with wwmidia. chondria was just being an @ss in trying to make the high bidder pay his max or close to it since he couldn't or didn't want to win the auction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back