What a dramatic morning!
Apr 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ari33

100+ Head-Fier
This is a true story of what happened today..

I live in South Ayrshire right out in the sticks. A guy in a purple Fiesta with a smashed in front end came flying up my drive this morning, skidded to a halt, stones flying everywhere.. that pissed me off a bit. He was in his early thirties, had a tatoo on his neck and a cracking, yellowing black eye.. sweating like a rapist and looked as dodgy as ****. He said he had slid on some oil, gone off the road and needed some water for his leaking radiator. I agreed to help and got the hose out but it was pouring out as fast as it went in. He was eyeing up our Celica asking if it was fast etc and looking through the window (Presumably to see if the keys were in it). When I'd gone inside to talk to Kirst he must have been scouting round the other side of the house as he mentioned the kids quads for some reason . I told him to fill the 5 gallon drum I gave him with water and take it with him to help get him to the next town and to take it really easy. Meanwhile I heard a helicopter flying nearby and noticed that the guy quickly moved in to the side of the house to remain unseen by it, I looked over the field to see that it was a police helicopter and realised that he was probably on the run.. The mrs came outside to set off for work and I made sure I stayed with her with my pickaxe close at hand incase he tried anything. I was having difficulty closing his bonnet and said I was going to go and get a big screwdriver to prise the catch forward.. I thought better of it and told him I couldn't do it and that he was just to crawl down the road at 10 mph or his bonnet would fly open. He thanked me again and flew off wheelspinning down the drive and went flying off the opposite way I'd told him to go, his bonnet immediately flew up and wrapped itself round his windscreen I imediately phoned the local cops they took all the details, his registration number etc and they spoke with the operations desk while I was on the line who relayed the info on to the chopper which then went off away after him. He'd stopped at the next farm down the road looking for string to hold his bonnet down lol , Scot had just told him to F-off as 2 police cars came flying down the road... the guy abandoned the car and tried to run away on foot but he was quickly caught near the quarry thanks to the chopper. Meanwhile my Mrs on her way into work had been pulled over at what effectively was a police roadblock further down the road asking if she had seen a purple Fiesta.. "Yep, she replied "he is up at our house" and off they went blues and two's on.. She tried to phone me to get me to keep him there for as long as I could but didn't have a signal. The cops phoned me back later to thank me and tell me that they had picked him up.. I still don't know what he has done but it must have been pretty serious. WHen Kirst got into work others had witnessed him being chased by the cops on the road up from Barhill... he must have cut off down our road and lost it at the humpback bridge/corner a mile down the road. An exciting morning for a change! I've since heard through the grapevine that he'd carjacked someone at knifepoint. I'm just glad he never tried it with either of us but kinda wondering why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back