What 2.0 speaker should i get?
May 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #16 of 21
most of the solos are out of stock, cant believe you actually have a site that sells them but thats 5c not the 6c everyone raves about. I like their price but not their size. is there a difference between a 4inch woofer driver and a 5 inch? i see the solo 2c having a 6inch even. I know that their size can be indicative of how good the bass is, but the reviews dont always match expectations. and bass seems to be highly subjective as to what makes one good sounding.

May 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
im not sure what conus is but im in australia. from my choices based on reviews and small size factor, its av40 or aktimate micro. everything else is just too big. there is an 80$ between them. heres a review: http://www.whathifi.com/review/epoz-aktimate-micro

conus = continental U.S. 

May 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #19 of 21
The fostex PMO.4n are right at 199$ for a pair and i heard that they're quite good. If you can find them, there's a new version, the PMO.4d. I've been looking around, but can't seem to find them for sale yet.

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #20 of 21
Reviving an old thread for some wisdom. I'm looking at 3 monitors/speakers. the Akai rpm3, the Presonus eris e3.5, and the Mackie cr3.
I listen to mostly electronic music(Trance, chill-step, and trip-hop) at medium to medium-high volume, and I'm looking to get back into casual windows pc based music production. One of the selling qualities of the Akai is the built in audio interface, but its a much older speaker than the Presonus(few months old) and the Mackie(few years old). Any information or opinions are welcomed.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #21 of 21
So eventually I went with the Presonus, they sounded great to my untrained ears, but after only a week the passive speaker started to hiss quite bad. After some research and a return of the presonus, I'm going with a pair of jbl lsr305's, which are on sale on eBay from pro audio star for $79.99 a piece right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back