Quote:

Originally Posted by Raconteur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YGPM evilking
cool.gif

Replied.

Jan 16, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukealexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still, I am talking as a proportion of the total weight/volume of the player itself. Interesting that you can hear the difference in sound - you must use your iPod in some tranquil settings
tongue.gif

IEM's can create that in downtown Seattle.
wink.gif

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #21 of 30
UM1's will still be the most comfortable.

If I were you, I'd get the Vibe if I don't need isolation.

I'd get the Altec Lansing iM716 if isolation was a priority (it's absolutely fantastic at it).

Jan 24, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #23 of 30
Hi Raconteur, hoe is het weer in het koude Nederland? I guess you're familiar with the thread on Tweakers? http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ages/1147592//. Living in Singapore I have access to any IEM you can think off (there's a large audiophile market here). Best of all they let you try burned in examples with your own iPod. From that I've learned that it is very much a matter of personal taste. I tried some IEM's that cost EUR 25 and beat a pair of EUR 120 phones. I'm considering the V-Moda's myself but am concerned about the sound-isolation.

Jan 24, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #24 of 30
if you can get a pair of E3c's for a hundred bucks, I strongly recommend it. I've tried every damned IEM on earth in that price range and they are my fave. I paid $200 for mine, and would happily do it again. They dont stick out, the isolation (with foam sleeves) is great and the sound is sa-weet.

Jan 24, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #25 of 30
You know, at $100, I'd also suggest the UM1's. They are a solid IEM, with great sound also. They don't necessarily need to be amped, but can be (I personally don't), and they work well with many tips; you'll just have to find the best one for yourself.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the reason I most like the IEM is the fact they don't stick out; they fit perfectly and I can sleep well with them on.

Keep trying!

Jan 24, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #26 of 30
Thanks for all the comment though I'm quite sure I'm not buying Shures.

@ Singapura: It's damn cold out here. I've met someone from Singapore earlier this year on a sailing camp. He told me the weather is always nice there, but very wet. Sounds not too bad.
Sometimes I'm watching the Tweakers-thread but most of the time the Head-Fi info is better
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nl2134 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, at $100, I'd also suggest the UM1's. They are a solid IEM, with great sound also. They don't necessarily need to be amped, but can be (I personally don't), and they work well with many tips; you'll just have to find the best one for yourself.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the reason I most like the IEM is the fact they don't stick out; they fit perfectly and I can sleep well with them on.

Keep trying!

I'm also a fan of the UM1, so comfortable and low profile. Great sound too.

Jan 24, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raconteur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes I'm watching the Tweakers-thread but most of the time the Head-Fi info is better
wink.gif

Headfi is definitely better, i'm also looking on tweakers for quit some time. But there are less than 5 posts a day, so not very usefull...

I have almost the same question as you have, but i'm looking for earbuds with accent on the bass. Therefore the V-MODA Bass Freq, V-moda vibe or XtremeMac FS1 and maybe the e2c are in the competition. Still not sure which one has to come out on top. V-moda's looking pretty good....but is the vibe worth 50 dollar more than the bass freq?

Jan 24, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #29 of 30
Did you really list the ER6i as being bass-heavy? They're one of the most bass-anemic iems I have ever heard...but then again, I think I'm a closet bass head
basshead.gif

Anyway, some other recommendations that may or may not have been mentioned:

iM716 - Could be had for around $100. Dynamics are very close to the ER4P/S. Very revealing and I think an excellent but for around $100.

FutureSonics FS1 - Could be purchased for around $60. Isolation is phenomenal with the foamies (I would say around -18db) although that combo makes it very bass heavy. The flanges balance the sound out a bit, but I would say that its sound tends to be tilted towards a bassy sound representation (a favorite for on-stage performers because of its excellent representation of kick drums)

JBL Reference 220's - These ones I have not heard personally, but is heavy rep from a fellow head-fier whose ears I trust, warrior05

Jan 24, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #30 of 30
I'd go with the Sennheiser CX-300's. I didn't have a great experience with them as I have strange ear canals, but my other recommendation, the Shure E3C's run 180 bucks at Circuit City. The 300's have good sound quality, but I just couldn't get the isolation I was looking for with them. they were...like 70 dollars at Circuit City, not sure how much cheaper you can get them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back