What’s a good upgrade/sidegrade to the Yume II?
Nov 18, 2023 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

undertheneon

New Head-Fier
For the most part I enjoy the Yume II, I just think it doesn’t have enough slam and it’s a little on the thin side for me.

i’m looking for something with better technicalities, not basshead bass but enough to satisfy when listening to hip-hop and a warmer and full bodied sound while keeping good treble extension.

I’m hoping to stay under $200 but i’m open to $300 if it’s necessary to get what i’m asking for

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 3
I had those and terrific soundstage including depth, but mids like 600hz needed a boost. The 7hz Timeless AE is a fun factor upgrade, and even the KZ PR1 is less resolving but has the planar sound. Current is needed for either, a phone or onboard sound won't cut it. AliExpress sale is really good if you hit $200 and trigger the 30 dollar coupon and use points and credit card cash back stacked.

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 3
If you don't want to EQ, try the QKZ x HBB collab IEM. Similar mids and treble, more substantial mid and sub bass. It's 1DD only so not exactly technically great, but that tuning is really something special and the IEM is cheap.

IMO, you can just apply a low shelf filter +5dB 0.8Q at 280Hz and drop your preamp level down to compensate to get a feel for what that collab sounds like. Flavor to your taste.

IMO, the next big tech upgrade comes when large (4+ BAs for midrange) BA arrays and ESTs are used, which generally costs $500+. If you don't want to go that far, planar magnetic options have a unique feel to their bass, otherwise most options in this bracket are almost indistinguishable IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back