Wharfedale isodynamics
Dec 30, 2005 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

smeggy

Member of the Trade: ThunderpantsTP1
Don't laugh but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a set of working Wharfedale Isodynamic phones anywhere. There are the things that really got me into headphones to start with and I'd love to have them again. I tossed mine in about '78 going onto better things but I've had strong nostalgia for them for years now. They probably sound horrible by todays standards but still.. I miss them
frown.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 12
"We're Sorry, this video is no longer available"
frown.gif

Congratulations!
Another evidence than the waiting game pays off... he he

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 12
Congrats. Cool that you found them after 3 years. Were you actively searching most of that time or just checking ebay and other sites once in a while?

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats. Cool that you found them after 3 years. Were you actively searching most of that time or just checking ebay and other sites once in a while?

On and off over the years at numerous sites, I only found these by sifting through UK classifieds and then negotiating. Our good friend Duggeh helped out with getting them to me as the guy was a bit concerned with shipping them to the US. My next quest is to find some rocking horse poop and some Hens teeth.
ph34r.gif

Thankfully they still sound good so I'm happy to have them again.

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 12
I LOL'd. Thanks!

Congratulations. BTW we know those aren't that awful by today's standard, hehe. They look just great, that odd, quite balanced design.

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 12
Well, I'm still searching for some myself!! 
They do sound remarkably good taking into account age-related condition, like decaying cushion, etc. 
I fancy a winter project. Re-wire, new cushions, bit of damping. I have fond memories of them from the 70s.
(Ah, she DID like them....)
I'm already IN England and have been looking for a few months now.
Chris in Bristol

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #12 of 12
Now, don't get greedy. Let's spread them around! (-:
I've kept an eye out for quite a while.
a friend had even thrown a set away just the week before!!
I have fond memories of mine from the 1970s!
Not that I'm trying to re-live my youth! Just that the phones DO have that magic way with sound.
Still looking.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back