Wharfedale Diamond 10.7, any good for serious music listening?
Dec 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #16 of 20
I have a whole setup of Diamond 10's... Pairs of Diamond 10.7 as main speakers, 10.SR on the side and 10.1 on the back and 10.CM as center speaker. Still loving them with movies. Recently bought a Luxman SQ-N100 tube integrated, and the sound became much more musical and transparent. Getting new speakers next week too but the real amplifier really shows the AV-receiver its place, even with these speakers. = ) While the speakers are probably decent for the price, they're not exactly appreciated for serious music listening, at least not at Finnish hi-fi-forums.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #17 of 20
I didn't realize you had the whole set up.. Good  Receiver does really Help.

Well since I have not compared WDD10.7 with likes of Klipsch, polk, yamaha, mezzo or Paradigm.
I really want to know how do they stand up in the price range against compitition.

Initally I wanted to by Klipsch but ended up buying WDD 10.7 Tower speakers and Marantz sr6007 receiver..Though I beleive the sound is good; I want to know  HAVE I MADE A BAD CHIOICE?.?? Any audiophils compared them?? Please leave your comment as I have to yet complete my HT set up. Thanks in Advance

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #18 of 20
I believe they will sound great with that receiver. They have a lot of potential, they became much more alive when I listened to them with my Luxman. They're not high-end but for the price it's not a bad choise.

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #19 of 20
make sure you have your reciever set to "large speakers". Otherwise, the receiver will use a digital low pass filter to send high frequency at cuttoff to the speakers and low frequency to dedicated subwoofer. if you have it set up as LFE+main/Large speakers, it will sometimes default to sending a full range signal to mains and leave out the LFE signal because in a 2.0 stream, there is no LFE. Conversely, you may need to set them to small speakers/LFE+main.

Personally, I have my LFE turned off, subwoofer connected to front left/right pre-out, and speakers all set to large so that they get the full signal.

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #20 of 20
I am very close to buying a set of Wharfdale diamond 10-7 but I cannot audition them as i am 2000 odd miles from nearest dealer. So I have been searching for positive reviews on them. I am upgrading from a set of Dali 4 and will be running luxman pd284 turntable with Ortofon om 40 cartridge thru a Luxman lv105 brid amplifier ( currently being restored ).
Your views on their performance playing mild to heavy rock, female vocal and easy listening music such as the Alan Parsons project albums (always a good reference source ) would be much appreciated.
Thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back