WH1000 M3 - Hot/sweaty ears
Nov 26, 2018 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

neil74

100+ Head-Fier
The WH1000 mk3’s offer imo the best combination of sound quality and noise cancelling of all the current options, the ANC in particular is bordering on witchcraft for my daily commute where my high-speed train spends a lot of time in tunnels which is up there with airplane cabin noise.

There are a couple of niggles, mainly the touch controls where I find the volume and track skipping to work just fine but the play pause not at all and I would prefer buttons.

There is however one issue that is slowly turning into a show-stopper for me which is that my ears really cook in these things and it does not take long at all until my ears get quite sweaty. The rtings review measured the heat as pretty normal but for me at least there is an intangible that makes them bad in this regard, noticeably worse than the m2s that they replaced. I also have beats studio 3s that I find far more comfortable in daily use and whilst the ANC is not as good, it is probably just about good enough albeit probably needs another notch of volume to drown out the train noise. I have been considering the QC35’s (currently £40 off) but 3 sets of over ears is probably overkill and of course I have no idea if they will be as bad or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back