Wghy so many K701's for sale??
Sep 9, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by undo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
people do not tend to try only "something better"; most of us seek trying "something different" or "something new", as well. so, searching for better is not the sole motive of k701 sellers.

I know!
Thats why I used the wording "something better", in hope that it covered all the reasons to check out other headphone brands/models. Guess its was not clear enough.
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K701s seem to be a love/hate kind of headphone. Not many 'tweeners with those gems. Now you know which side I'm on!
icon10.gif

x2

If you love 'em, you listen to 'em. If you don't, you move 'em on.

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice that there are alot of AKG K701's for sale. Why is this? I have a pair. I thought they were horrible at first but after several hundred hours play on them I find them quite a good headphone. What's up??

Cause they are vastly overrated.. Still good cans thoughs..

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #22 of 27
Probably because new iPods were released last week.

Oh wait...what was that aphorism...oh yea!

Correlation does not imply causation.

Never mind!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #27 of 27
They are neutral and maybe a little dry at times. For some people that can be a poor sounding combination.
Also being somewhat neutral, they really respond to changes in equipment and can sound downright nasty with certain source components.
However, pair them will a good source and they are sweet, detailed and revealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back