Westone W4r vs Dunu DN2000/J vs DQSM D2
Jun 12, 2016 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fred-svv

100+ Head-Fier
Hello my friend's, what's up?!

I'm Frederico from Brazil. I have an Sennheiser HD650, AKG Q701, Mee Eletronics MATRIX 2 AFD Bluetooth, Philips Fidelio L2 Full size headphones and an Unique Melody Mentor Custom iem and an XTreme ears xTreme One Universal 2BA iem (Brazilian brand).

I would like to make an upgrade in my universal iem. Researching about it I found some good models at a good price. The Dunu DN2000, that a have to import from China, waiting at least 2 months to arrive and pay for the big Brazilian fees. I know that everyone like this iem. O I read excellent reviews of it. I had an DN900 and didn't like it. I know that the DN2000 is on another level and everybody like it but...

A friend of mine is selling his Westone w4r for a good price (the same price of the Dunu) and in one week a can grab it. I know that this model is not the last from Westone, but I read some good reviews too, I can take it in my country, is made by a big brand and is easy to find new cables (that are removable).

Now, the DQSM D2 that are receiving good reviews and big hypes here on Head Fi. I don't know the brand and the model. But some people are saying that it is better than the Dunu DN2000.

So, I can spend over $300,00 dollars. I listen to all type of music, jazz, blues, instrumental, pop, but the most is rock, heavy metal. I like a good Soundstage, voices and detailed mediums and non fatiguing sound but with good comfort and a very detailed flat little warm sound.

Which one is the best choice?

Thanks so much!

Jun 12, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 2
As promised, here is my reply: 
smile.gif

Based on your previous headphones, your preference seems to go rather into the direction of smoother and somewhat bassier in-ears, so I would say the DN-2000J will be too bright for you.

With the other two in-ears however (W4R and DN-2000), I think you have picked the right potential in-ears for you. My suggestion would be to audition the Westone if your friend lets you.

I have to say that I haven't heard the DN-2000 so it is just speculation. However, between the DN-2000J and W4R, the Westone is the somewhat higher resolving and quicker in-ear. Its soundstage is really wide but lacks depth (the DUNU's soundstage is more rounded).
One in-ear I would add to the list is the Westone W20 - it is a bit more neutral those two in-ears and a really good all-rounder. The stars of its show are its soundstage (very 3-dimensional) and authenticity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back