Westone W40 ?????
Sep 15, 2015 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

inthecup

500+ Head-Fier
Are the Westone W40 to much $$$ for simple listening from my iPhone 6 using Apple lossless files ... or are they a great set of earphones for this application. Thanks so much

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 7
Are the Westone W40 to much $$$ for simple listening from my iPhone 6 using Apple lossless files ... or are they a great set of earphones for this application. Thanks so much

I'm not really sure what you mean by "simple listening" (do you mean as background music?), but I think they are really great earphones for the price. Impressive separation, detail and layering - you won't really have to concentrate to hear almost everything in the music (if that's what you mean by "simple listening").

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm not really sure what you mean by "simple listening" (do you mean as background music?), but I think they are really great earphones for the price. Impressive separation, detail and layering - you won't really have to concentrate to hear almost everything in the music (if that's what you mean by "simple listening").

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 7
Thank you so much for your reply ... I meant simple listening ... Just plug into my iPhone ... No amp no hi res music player

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #5 of 7
I think you are trying to ask if it's worth buying the W40 for listening via iphone VS. a HiRes player?  If so, I think they are worth it.  They will sound great via iPhone lossless files.  I use my UmPro 30's and 50's via phone and they sound great.  But keep in mind that I am a casual listener and not very technical when it comes to dissecting the nuances. 

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 7
I think you are trying to ask if it's worth buying the W40 for listening via iphone VS. a HiRes player?  If so, I think they are worth it.  They will sound great via iPhone lossless files.  I use my UmPro 30's and 50's via phone and they sound great.  But keep in mind that I am a casual listener and not very technical when it comes to dissecting the nuances. 
+1. The iPhone 6 is quite a solid music player IMO. It should go well with the W40's.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 7
I am using these with my iPod Classic and they sound awesome.  + I got an incredible deal for them on amazon.ca, so totally satisfied.

Still, if you can an a little push with an amp...I use Fiio E6 or Q1 and it gives so much more...  E6 is ont hi res and about what, 40$?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back