Westone W30, W40, UM Pro 30 comparison to FIDUE A83 ????
Aug 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

oporto

Head-Fier
It has been a while since I last wondered and read about audio gear but I am back : )

I bought long time ago the Westone 3 but sadly I sat on it without realizing and broke the tube where the sound comes out from on one side so I cant stick it in my ear, this happened a while ago actually but just now I have the money to buy something.

Reading in the forums I am deciding between the UM Pro 30 and the A83. How do they compare?

Also, is this statement true? :

Originally Posted by drewhaj 

I found the w3's a bit sibilant in the treble and slightly colored.  That being said, I preferred the neutrality of the UM3X's.  The um 30 pro's are closer to the UM3X's but cleaner, more present highs and slightly better bass.  Mids were the same IMO.  Hope this helps!

Found on the thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/722716/westone-3s-died-what-next

My other option is to repair (reshell) the Westone 3, this costs me around $US120. (I'm from Australia)
So is it worth upgrading to a brand new IEM? Or am I just better off reshelling my old westone 3? I would appreciate any personal opinions on this matter. And by the way, I can get the UM Pro 30 for $AUD 300 shipping included and the A83 for $AUD~400 shipping not included.

The source for the UM  Pro 30 is eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/westone-um-pro-30-triple-driver-earphone-smoke.html

I am posting the sources just in case someone knows how reputable they are,   ...they look alright to me.

Thanks in advanced! : )

Aug 20, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 2
Bump. Anyone? It doesnt have to necessarily be the UM Pro 3, It can be the W30 or W40, W3, W4, W4R...
I now the westones are quite different to the Fidue but I would like to know their differences, ideally from someone who has heard any of the westone mentioned and the fidue.

Also, any thoughts on simply reshelling the Westone 3???

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back