Westone W30 vs W40 vs UM Pro 30
May 12, 2015 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Naim.F.C

1000+ Head-Fier
Can't decide which of these I should go with as a replacement. I'm coming from a (now lost) W4, which I really liked the sound of, due to it's wide sound stage (wider than the TF10, SE535 etc I tested before it), and smooth overall signature. Only negative was that I found it was a little too dark, with a slight veil over everything. Thankfully I was able to EQ this out, and get it sounding where I wanted. But now it's replacement time and I'm sort of lost.

Anyone tested these IEM's and can offer thoughts on how they compare?

Cheers.

May 27, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 7
bump

Dec 29, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 7
bump

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 7
I havent heard the others, but the UM 30 pro is a very nice one. Balanced, detailed and with a decent soundstage. Good low end, not thin or shouty at all. Not sibilant at all. I like it; it is my best closed IEM. Very good isolation.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 7
Heard them all, wouldn't recommend any of them, especially not at MSRP :)
There are sooo many better iems for a fraction of the price.

Also, this thread is from 2015 :deadhorse:
If you're still looking at westones in 2020, you're doing something wrong (unless nothing else fits your ears).

Dec 30, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 7
Yes, westone (and shure, and other brands) are expensive. But they are VERY comfortable, and isolate very well. The trebble is not great, but if you want non-fatiguing IEMS, these do the job. JFYI I also have the blons 03 and 01, and like them. They fit badly and isolate so-so from outside noise, although (if you force them to fit your ears), they sound very nice. Different animals, and much cheaper. Depends on your use and budget. I got my UM30 at a sale, below MSRP. Wrong?. Maybe for you. This is not politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back