Westone W30 + spotify high quality streaming, amp/dac?
Nov 29, 2016 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aaron Liang

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I just have a question for the more experienced people out there. I've had my westone W30's for awhile now and I pair it up with spotify high quality streaming on an iphone/macbook pro. I've had this set up for awhile now but I've always been looking for ways to improve the sound quality (if possible). I recently started looking into DAC/Amp's, and I'm not quite sure what to look for or if it'll improve sound quality at all. I typically listen to very mellow music music, artists with a unique voice (jack garratt, sam smith), so I am always up for an upgrade. I also listen to piano/electronic/EDM occasionally. Is there any recommendations to what is out there to improve my sound quality? I've never had a problem with what I listen to but the idea of "improvement" intrigues me.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 2
To start, you can take a look at the AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC/amps, they're cheap yet they make a nice upgrade than straight out of your device. It'll plug into your MacBook and you can use an Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter or buy a Dragontail to plug into your iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back