Westone W10 vs UM PRO 10
Feb 19, 2016 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

captainamerica

New Head-Fier
There seems not to be much information on this subject. I'm currently in the market for a new set of monitors and on amazon, the difference in price between these two IEM's is only about $25 with the W10 being more expensive. What's the difference?

How would theses monitors compare to something like Klipsch x10's? Also if anyone else has recommendations on IEM's I'd like to hear about it, but I've decide not to replace my x10's with the same pair because of a lack of detachable cable and a design that doesn't work well with over the ear wiring.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 4
Not sure if you still want an answer or not to your question, but the main difference comes in the intended consumer. The UM Pro 10 is more tuned for musician monitoring and are meant to be more 'clear' and 'accurate', where the W10s are meant to be more 'exciting' for the personal listener.

The W10s also come with exchangeable faceplates that means you can customise the look slightly, and they come with a spare cable (a pretty crappy iPhone remote cable IMO). Generally if you prefer a sound with 'cleaner' highs and less mids and bass go with the UM Pro 10 and if you prefer more of a 'warm' sound (still pretty mid centric and with clear highs) go with the W10s.

I have the W10s personally and read quite a few reviews of each before buying, I think I made the right decision paying the little bit more, but ultimately it's up to you.

Hope that helps!

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 4
That actually helps a lot. I haven't bought a pair of IEMs yet because I've been comparing a few different kinds that have been reviewed well. I still am in the market for IEMs and I don't want to spend any more then $200. I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm going to go with the W10, but I was wondering if you have an opinion on their sound compared to the Audiotechnica IM02.

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 4
Sorry I personally have no experience with them.
Something else that I forgot to mention about the W10s is that you can buy replacement cables and eartips easily as they can fit Shure compatible ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back