Westone UM3XRC trouble shooting
Feb 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

djdoubleb

New Head-Fier
Good evening head-fiers,

I just wanted some information to clarify  few things. I tried to search on the web for a possible solution. The web pointed to this forum and decided check in with you guys for advice and opinions.

As a DJ I have had issues with my ears in the past with regular cans and finding out that very few dj's that use in ear monitors. I decided to try them out. After researching on other forums finding out that quite a few of them dj's recommend in-ear monitors as a very good substitute for can's along with booth monitors at a gig with the usual rig. After feeling that as dj my ears are the most important tool of the trade I decided to order the westone UM3XRC and loved it from the first go in terms of feel and comfortability. As for the sound after the volume adjustmets and trainwrecking my mix I have started feel more comfortable and find my flow with them. They are pretty good compared to my HDJ-2000's.

Anyways the main thing is my issues to deal with which I'm not to sure of.

1. The UM3X are charm for easy listening as well as djing (my personal opinion and recommendation). Now the question is I am thinking to get a custom molded monitors and thinking between the ES5 and UE11pro? which would be better from a dj's perspective?

2. This is the critical issue for me right now since I'm trying to figue out if there is something wrong with the cable or buds or my ears.
I have had this monitors for a month now and they have help up but lately I feel the left ear louder than the right ear. Just to be sure that this might be just my ears acing up I switched the connectors from the left for the right and noticed that the right is now louder than the left. Second test I did was using 2 regular in ear headphones (New Apple ear pods and a pioneer ipod headphones) and they seem to show that my right ear has a dampened sound when I listen to anything. Should I send the monitors for repair or should I order a new epic cable? Is it my ears or is it the cable?

Thanks in advance and hoping to hear soon

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Check for earwax clogging either the eartips or the nozzle.  As a DJ I imagine you are constantly taking them in and out so this is a possibility.  Lodged earwax would definitely have a somewhat muted sound.

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks a lot bro. I had sent them for repairs and they are fine now. They just had to change the cables and cable connectors and its a bomb to use. I started loving them again!!!

Reagrads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back