Westone UM3X RC Broken Pins, NEED HELP!
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #17 of 19
ok guys here's the final outcome.....Westone ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after their last response, I basically let them know to just send me back the iems, since $200 was way over my budget...
I received a prompt response(as always):
Hello xxxxxx,

I completely understand where you are coming from. After pulling out the pins on the right earphone, we tested the earphones on one of our new cables and they did not pass the test. They are unable to produce the proper frequencies due to the condition of the driver packs. The driver packs are rusted and coming apart and once we uncased each earphone, they are going to fall apart, rendering them useless.

What I can do for you since you already have another cable, is offer to re-case each side for you using refurbished driver packs. The driver packs with the re-casing would be $23 per side plus the shipping of $11.95, which would total $57.95. If you would like to do this instead, I would be more than happy to do this. If not, I can just send you back your unit, non-repaired for the shipping charge of $11.95. I have included the payment methods below and if you have any questions, please let me know. Have a great day!

I was more than happy to pay $57.95 for this out of warranty repair, a big thank you to Westone and their customer service rep. who was very professional and courteous, and for the best customer service I have ever had . 
BTW, they sent back my iems by Next Day delivery Fed Ex, I received them in like new condition, with a black nylon Westone case, new sleeves and earwax removal tool. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 19
Of course you are happy.  They make good product and have very few returns so when something goes bad they can more than afford to "FIX" the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back