Westone UM3x and UM2 Upgrade
Mar 24, 2010 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

karthik_ashok

100+ Head-Fier
Small upgrade to the UM2 and UM3x, now come with detachable cables !
bigsmile_face.gif

Pricing to be announced !
http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/...fd86385970c-pi

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 19
Hmm. Just got the UM3X last week; love it to death, but would have liked to have known of this news earlier.

That being said, not sure if I would go for the detachable cable version anyway, considering my distaste for those memory wires and the pins breaking off my previous customs (FreqShows) leading to the purchase to the UM3X.

I wonder how much more this option is going to cost?

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 19
oh that is good news! i love the westone cables but mine is already unwinding, and ive only had it since october
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #8 of 19
I prefer hardwired
biggrin.gif
Less chance of losing the cable and/or IEMs and recables don't really make a difference to me anyway.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #9 of 19
I'm with merlinzeta. The Westone cable are so comfortable I don't think I want to go back to memory cable again. But then again, it was really a bad move for Westone to only provide comply with the UM3X. The new version addresses that.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 19
Well it is supposed to be a universal MONITOR, so comply would be the best for that, as you want as much isolation as possible most of the time.

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it is supposed to be a universal MONITOR, so comply would be the best for that, as you want as much isolation as possible most of the time.

just curious, what tips do you use?

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #12 of 19
Just the small comply. The standard/thin ones are WAYY too long for my ear canal, I can barely get half of it in
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #14 of 19
This is absolutely brilliant news.

I love my UM3x but recently had to send them back for a warranty repair as the cables had split where they meet the cable relief on both earphones. I bought the IE8s as I like the fact they have a replaceable cable, but don't like the sound, cable, fit or isolation anywhere near as much as I like the UM3x.

The Westone cable is the best cable on the market, but cables are always going to be a week spot and the ability to replace the cable without having to send them back to Westone for a repair is a massive bonus.

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #15 of 19
I loved the cables on my UM1's and UM2's but am intrigued by these detachable cables. It would open up opportunities in future cable upgrades as well. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this, what would be the negatives of having detachable cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back