westone "um3" on ebay
Sep 6, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 13
Has that add been up for a while? If it has not I wonder if this means release timing is veryclose?

Surprised they are only getting 10 sets? That doesn't sound like very many.

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 13
Fakes?
If so, that may be a world record?
EDIT: I should have read the description first.
It's probably against eBay policy, though.

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 13
You'll just be waiting a while because the UM3s aren't released and all. Like it says, "You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives." I think the rule is supposed to be "able to ship within 30 days" but I don't think ebay really cares about that.

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #8 of 13
I wouldn't buy from those guys ... I'm pretty certain that page or one similar to it has been sitting on eBay for months.

As someone else says, there's no way of knowing where they ship their items from, but the title says "FAST SHIPPING WORLDWIDE! / NO CUSTOM FEES, TAX, VAT!" and in smaller text at the bottom of the page it says "Until now we shipped many countries, there was no problem with the customs. We will write "GIFT" and a low value on the customs decleration paper for you not to pay custom fees, tax or VAT however still if you are asked to pay, it's your responsibility."

Ignoring their poor spelling and grammar, this could save you money, but it is also illegal.

I'd rather wait till the Weston 3 get officially released and buy it from a trusted retailer.

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 13
SO basically a preorder.

Sep 7, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 13
There's just something very unsettling about buying an American made and shipped product from Honk Kong. I'm not against HK at all, it's just strange that such a product would go from America to overseas and back in a sale.

I don't know this company is based in HK but I searched eBay for the UM2s and found a couple HK based companies selling brand new UM2s to here in the USA when the items originated here in the USA. I won't ever buy it that way, not when that area of the world is rife with fakes and knock-offs.

Sep 8, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fumashirou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's fake i think. The correct name is westone 3 not um3.

That doesn't necessarily make it fake.
Assuming it's not fake, it's still sketchy as heck.
I wouldn't pay a non-refundable $100 to preorder a headphone that may or may not ever be released from someone in China*.
It's not like these are limited edition, right?

*Technically Hong Kong, but close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back