WestOne UM2/UM1 with UM56
Oct 21, 2008 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Herooftime

New Head-Fier
Hey I was just wondering how far out the UM1 or UM2 will sit outside the ear of the custom molds are to be used... It seems from several pictures that when the UM56s are attached to a UM2 or UM1, they look like they will sit out of the ear a little more than with shure or comply tips. Is anyone willing to post a picture of themselves with the UM56s and UM2s in their ear, so i can get a general idea if they sit flush with the outside of the ear, so that laying in bed on your side will not be a problem with them.
What drove me away from Ultimate ears is that it was hard sleeping in the fetal position with those things on... b/c the unviersal fit UEs would not sit flush with the outside of the ears.

Oct 27, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

I just made an appointment to get my impressions done and I had the same question. My audiologist (that's what you call it in the US right?) told me that they will stick out a bit more. That's because with the foam tips you can just put them as far as you want while the um56 just sit where they need to wich makes them stick out a bit more. But I have to say my um56 are made bij Variphone (distributor for europe) and the make them alot smaller. But still I don't really know what to expect from my um56 so I hope some people will share their experience.

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 4
How much do these custom tips cost (in USD)? I can't find pricing information on the Westone website...

Should be around 75 bucks I would think. My school's audiology club is offering softer silicone-type customs for $55 from Westone now, but they aren't these UM56s. More like Livewires look...

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much do these custom tips cost (in USD)? I can't find pricing information on the Westone website...

Should be around 75 bucks I would think. My school's audiology club is offering softer silicone-type customs for $55 from Westone now, but they aren't these UM56s. More like Livewires look...

109 USD at earphonesolutions.com but you should send Westone an email, maybe they have a better price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back