Westone UM2 New Cables?
Aug 9, 2005 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bthall

100+ Head-Fier
I have the "green disease" in my UM2 cables, and I'm thinking of having them replaced with the new black cables.

Does anyone have any experience with these new cables?

- Different sound?
- More/less phonetics?
- Thicker/thinner?
etc.

Thanks,
BarryT

Aug 9, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 6
You can't replace the cables ? You have to buy a new set,I don't know why you se the green cables as a problem,it's better to buy an amo for the money.

The sound won't change because of the coluor of the cable

Aug 9, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Contact Westone, I think they are either replacing the cable themselves or just sending back a new set.

Aug 9, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks to both for your replies. Unfortunately my questions of altered sound response, and possibility of increased phonetic characteristics are unanswered.

I HAVE obviously spoken to Westone, and yes the UM2's must be sent back.

I have heard rumors though that the irritation of sound transmission through bumping of the new cables on clothes, etc. has increased with these new cables. The was trying to verify whether or not this was true.

And thanks for letting me know that the color of the cable doesn't affect the sound!!!
biggrin.gif

BarryT

Aug 10, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 6
I currently own the black cable version and have previously owned a pair with the clear cable. Going off of memory, there is no difference in the sound or microphonics. The new set actually sounds better to my ears, but that's probably because I was already familiar with them and obviously liked them enough to buy a second pair.

Aug 10, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Imyourzero:

Many thanks for your helpful answer. Good to know.

BMT
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
I currently own the black cable version and have previously owned a pair with the clear cable. Going off of memory, there is no difference in the sound or microphonics. The new set actually sounds better to my ears, but that's probably because I was already familiar with them and obviously liked them enough to buy a second pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back