Westone UM2 Eartips - Which Shure Black Olive Size?
Jul 8, 2008 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TKO

100+ Head-Fier
Everyone,

am looking at trying out one of the Shure black olive eartips that I have been led to believe fit the Westone UM2s that I just picked up.

In the Westone UM2 box there are the two default sizes and I prefer the taller model. Based on this which Shure size should I order?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 8
TKO - If I'm not mistaken, the diameters of the two complys are the same and it is only the length that differs. I would go with the mediums on the Shure Olives. The larges have pretty darn thick diameter.

What do you think of the UM2?

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Unless you have put a mini tire jack in your ear, medium will most likely work for you. Make sure you read around and make sure they will fit over your iem's tube.

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 8
I had the same question and ordered the medium size which works great. The large ones may be a little too big unless you are a big person with big ears.
Of all the tips I have tried, the Black olives are the best for my UM2's.

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TKO - ...

What do you think of the UM2?

Spryo,

I absolutely love them. I just switched from the UE Super.Fi 5 Pro and I find them to be a big step up in sound, and more importantly, comfort. I had a very hard time getting the Super.Fis to fit properly and did all the mods, changed the tips, bought new Complys etc. but still never really felt comfortable with them. As well the Super.Fi memory wire was starting to turn green inside the see-thru cable... Which is why the Westones appealed to me given their great sound and "legendary" comfort. So far, I have absolutely no regrets. I would have bought the UM3 model if it had been available.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back