Westone UM1 vs Vmoda Vibes
Feb 24, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 42
I personally haven't heard either, but remember that the vibes won't give isolation, whereas the um1s will. Everyone also says the Westone IEMs are some of the most comfortable IEMs around. That's all I can say, but I'm tempted to purchase some UM1's.

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #8 of 42
I have UM1s, tried my friends vibes a lot. I love the comfort and isolation of the UM1s and feel like the vibes are always kind of loose in my ear. On feeling, I definitely prefer UM1s. As for sound, UM1s are much more analytical while vibes are more fun. For the type of music I listen too like prog and classic rock, I like the UM1s, but the vibes are definitely more colored. I would say overall the sq is very close, but the comfort, microphonics, and isolation makes me give a vote for UM1s.

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #10 of 42
i hope this helps even though i don't have the vibes. The Um1s are much better at isolation than the Vibes. Also the um1s are very detailed, though the mids are abit overwhelming at times.

Feb 25, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 42
um1s are not very detailed. They are more of a fun sound than analytical. If the vibes sound even more 'fun', then I guess they are very heavily coloured. um1s have more of a rich, full sound, emphasis on the mids. Bass and esp. treble extension is poor. They are really comfy, isolates well and soildly built.

Feb 25, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um1s are not very detailed. They are more of a fun sound than analytical. If the vibes sound even more 'fun', then I guess they are very heavily coloured. um1s have more of a rich, full sound, emphasis on the mids. Bass and esp. treble extension is poor. They are really comfy, isolates well and soildly built.

I have UM1s and find no problem with the treble, mids are very good. bass doesnt have much range though. It is detailed enough to be analytical compared to vibes, which IMO lack good mids. On some music, i find vibes have harsh treble. Dont get me wrong, overall they are very good sounding, just different.

Feb 25, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #14 of 42
When did you get your um1 rwest? Recently I've seen a number of people saying that the um1 treble is fine, which is opposite of what people were saying a few months ago and what I hear on mine. Was wondering maybe they tweaked the newer batch?

donunus: Durability is very good. Just get a pair already.

Feb 25, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #15 of 42
I've had the Vibes for about six weeks now. They are thoroughly "burned in". I like the sound on most recordings, but others just don't thrill me.

What I really don't like is the fit. I'm always struggling with this. I've tried all the tips that came with them, and prefer the clear small ones that are on the vibe's when they're shipped. When I can't get them to fit right, the sound just isn't what it can be.

Because of the fit, I'm considering the UM1's, hoping for a better fit, thus better SQ (and more comfort). Would this be a "lateral" move? Would the difference in the criteria I mentioned justify the purchase?

Or should I just bite the bullet and go for UM2's???
confused.gif

And obviously I can't vote as I've never heard the UM1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back