Westone um1 cable
Oct 28, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have u tried contacting westone?

x2.

And when that doesn't work out, I don't know how easy would be for you to change the cable. It really depends on how much you want to risk, your hands-on skills and how badly/where the cable got damaged.

The cable is not designed to be replaceable. It is integrated into the rubber stress-relief at the end of the housing therefore cannot be easily replaced.

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 8
I contacted them and they want me to send it to them. i have to ship it from sweden which is a costly affair with postage and taxes.

What do u think is the probable costs of a repair? the cable is getting severed near right channel, i applied some tape on it, not sure how much time it would hold.

Um1s is the best of my IEMS(UE 3, SHS 8000, cx 300, cx 500, d jays) , i had them for 11 months, sold everything and did not go IEM shopping
biggrin.gif

Now i might be in a corner, Please suggest me any Cheap IEMS even swedish brands that i can use for several months until i get my Westones repaired

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 8
u had them for 11 months..so that would cover warranty assuming you bought from an authorized dealer

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 8
warranty typically means that you pay for postage and they repair it or give u a new pair

regardless when you send it to them it should be just the earphones itself meaning no case, no tips, etc. and also since you are under warranty also send a copy of the receipt from whoever u bought it from. also if theres any repair form you have to fill out.

thats how it usually goes from my experience but ive never owned westone's but im assuming its the same procedure for them.

Oct 29, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 8
Just send the earphones and make sure they are packed securely (meaning they need to be able to be safely shipped). The lab will repair them and send them back to you priority mail. They usually need a few days to do the work depending on how busy they are at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back