Westone UM Pro 20s vs Westone ES20 for keyboards
Feb 29, 2016 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cullam

New Head-Fier
Hey Gang. 
I'm looking for a new set of IEMs to use on stage, with an 8-piece corporate event / wedding band. I've been using dual-driver Ultimate Ears, but mine are basically no longer functional. And despite being custom molded, I never found them to really fit and seal properly. The hard plastic they're made of never really gripped. Several people in the band have switched to Westones, which I've heard nothing but good things about. 

So here's the choice that I'm figuring out. Being a keyboard player, I need dual drivers to cover my frequency ranges. I'm thinking about getting a set of Westone UM Pro 20s, which are not customized. However, they do have a rubber ear piece, which in my experience tends to fit and stick decently well, if it has the standard 3 sizes. My other option is to get customized Westone ES20s. Obviously, these would be better. But then I'm jumping from $300 to $800. Plus, I live in Canada, so add a 50% exchange rate onto all prices. 

Can anyone here compare the two? I'm looking for instrument and vocal clarity when playing on stage with an 8 piece band. What real advantage will I get from the customs, to make them worth the extra $750 CAD I'd be paying for them? 
Thanks!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back