Westone UM Pro 10 vs SE215 Blue Bass Edition.
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Plexon

Head-Fier
Which one will suit my needs more? Which is more comfortable?

I listen to chillstep, dub, and some regular "todays hits" songs.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #2 of 3
I can't comment on the sound of the blue edition, but the regular se215 (which are the same size) are pretty comfortable to wear.  The hook around your ears can be a bit stiff but once you conform it to your ears it shouldn't be a problem.

May 21, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, since "the regular todays hits" have evolved from the mid-centric to bassy type (and hence the rise of dr dre's brand beats) id say get the shure se215 clear (not special edition) save the $30 and spend less than $5 on a good equalizer app (i use poweramp for android) and youll hardly notice the difference.

I dont know if u r familiar with this, but: the se215 is renowned for their mid-bass (clean, tight punch) and have less sub-bass (rumble/thump/muddy if overly boosted) and so a lean but deep attack of bass (i like it) and warm, touching mids. These are the kinda IEMs youll want if you listen on the go. The westone um pro 10s are the kinda stuff youll want to use with full attention to music, the pro's of these wont come out if youre finishing your report listening to them. Thats probably why they call such "critical listening" - if you cant put in effort listening to them, they are not worth it. The shures on the other hand are more engaging. The details and the drums totally jump at you right out of the box. I reckon youll probably be dissatisfied with the westones (westones r more confortable, tho)

Both versions of shures sound basically the same to me (i have both) n once you eq'd them its hardly noticable. Unless you like the blue of the special ed. get the regular version (clear or black)

I got 2 pairs of shure 215s: clear version n special edition (in blue). I live in myanmar n went on holiday to singapore n there got the clear version. My friend went to hong kong, got me the special edition (i guess in too special hah). So i googled up, hoping to sell it (alas, im not stalking you lol) to someone nearby. The special edition is unboxed, but absolutely unused, w/ full unused accessories and complete packaging. Interested? Also, have you heard the um pro 10? Hows it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back