WESTONE; The Kings Of Customer Service!
Aug 29, 2006 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14
What other company would do a $500 repair, free of charge, outa the goodness of there hearts?

K so, I step on the right side of my ES-2 crushing it to pieces. A few tears later, I send it to Westone for repair expecting to never see them again. Being thousands in debit there was no way I could afford to cough up $500 for the repair.
A few days later, I get a call from Westone advising me to get a new impression done so they can get them back to me ASAP. I stutter “umm, well how much is it going to cost?” they’re reply “don’t worry about it; we’ll take care of you”. After that, I had to fight off the biggest a hard on ever. They sure know how to make there costumers happy.
eek.gif

Seriously now! It was purely my fault, and I let them know exactly what happened in my letter I provided with the ES-2’s.
Service like this can not be beat. Also, not my only positive experience with westone.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...hlight=westone

Again,

God bless WESTONE!!

Aug 30, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 14
That is awesome customer service indeed. Wish I could say the same of Etyomotic. My hardly used just out of warranty ER6 broke for no apparent reason, & they could offer nothing but to sell me a new pair at a slightly reduced price. Blah! I passed. I now own the UM2.
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd S
That is awesome customer service indeed. Wish I could say the same of Etyomotic. My hardly used just out of warranty ER6 broke for no apparent reason, & they could offer nothing but to sell me a new pair at a slightly reduced price. Blah! I passed. I now own the UM2.
wink.gif

I'll second you on the lousy support from Etymotic. I bought some regular flanged Etymotic earplugs (from an online retailer), and one of the flange "fins" looked as if it had a bite out of it (an obvious manufacturing defect). I called Etymotic support & spoke with a woman who promised to send a replacement. This was two months ago--nothing since. Not inspiring, especially since I've spent hundreds on their other products. Not a dime more, I can assure you. Bollocks.

Aug 30, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 14
I think all the major IEM companies are doing great at customer services.

Some of the great Customer Services story I heard.

* Westone fixes out of warrantee UM2 cable greening issue for free.

* Shure instead of reparing, Shure usually just gives you a brand new one, so greatly reduce the turn around time.

* UltimateEars is super responsive with emails, and always makes you happy.

Aug 30, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
So the list goes as best customer services:
UE
Westone
Shure
Etymotic

Am I missing anything else big?

The worst, far as I can see is Sony USA/Canada but that's about it.

None of those compare to Koss

Koss is #1 by far
*Lifetime* warrenty

Paying 300$ for each broken ear is not my idea of good customer service.

Aug 30, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 14
i've always had really good luck with Etymotic, myself. i'm one of the people that got the very first batch ER-6I, which had build issues, and Etymotic was always very prompt in sending a replacement pair the two times the ER-6Is broke on me.

Aug 30, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #8 of 14
They are gracious indeed. My ES2s started to split at the right opening. Not sure why -- maybe I was forcing it in too hard? In any case they repaired quickly and shipped it back Express mail, at no charge.

Besides their wonderful attitude, they make a wonderful product. I enjoyed my ES2s from the beginning, but after trying them with a wide variety of portable amps, and finally the new "M"-mod Hornet, they opened up in ways I never expected they were capable of. I'll attach a link to the impressions I posted in the Amps Forum regarding the pairing of the ES2 with the "M" Hornet. I've posted similar notes (less lengthy) in a few places because I am really excited about how good the ES2 sounds. I hope my notes and reasoning are clear enough:

"M" Hornet and Westone ES2 - a Brilliant Pairing!

Although the post was focusing more on the "M" Hornet as my ideal amp to elicit the most from the ES2, it is a tribute to the ES2 that it can accomplish what I described, and I really should write comprehensive notes focusing on the ES2.

So -- THANK YOU to the Westone Team for great respect and care for their customers, and for creating superb audiophile products.

Aug 30, 2006 at 10:20 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

UE
Westone
Shure
Etymotic

And Ety made the list because?
plainface.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

UE
Westone
Shure
Etymotic

I heard Sensaphonics are worse, with their 2X-S support.
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i've always had really good luck with Etymotic, myself. i'm one of the people that got the very first batch ER-6I, which had build issues, and Etymotic was always very prompt in sending a replacement pair the two times the ER-6Is broke on me.

Same here. I'm amazed that you got bad service from Etymotic. I have had nothing but good service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron-xp
I heard Sensaphonics are worse, with their 2X-S support.
tongue.gif

That's infamous. With the possibilty of buying a custom IEM within the next few years, I am NEVER going to order from them if they don't improve their support. Ultimate Ears/Westone all the way!

Aug 30, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #12 of 14
Westone's great, ten day turnaround on my broken UM2's. Thought I'd have to wait a heckuva lot longer than that.

Aug 30, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #13 of 14
Glad to see all the Westone love lately! Lovin my ES2's... listening to them right now with my original Hornet
etysmile.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
Westone's great, ten day turnaround on my broken UM2's. Thought I'd have to wait a heckuva lot longer than that.

Ha! Got ya beat. I had my UM2s back from repair by the end of the week. Shipped on Tuesday, in my hot little hands on Friday. (Though I did pay extra for the overnight shipping
evil_smiley.gif
)

Yeah, another vote for Westone. Awesome to work with, and great customer service. Prior to purchasing my cutom molds, and the UM2s, they put up with a LOT of questions, and were always very friendly and helpful. I'm amazed I didn't annoy them with all the question and bothering. Well, if I did, they never let on.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back