Westone Support
Feb 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stigweard

Head-Fier
I don't make threads often, but I felt the need to post about the excellent support at Westone. Having accidentally crushed the right casing on my UM2s a while back, I shipped them off to Westone to find out how costly it would be to repair them and replace the green cables (pre-black ~5 year old version). It turns out the the re-casing was free* and the new cables were $26. To top it off, they shipped them back priority air, internationally, and they arrived on my doorstep less than two days after payment. Kudos to Westone.

*From my limited understanding, these might just be a new pair. Either way, I'm ecstatic to have them back.

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 7
What does Westone do with their slightly defective products? I have a pair of Westone 3's with a slight plug connection issue which can be completely remedied by attaching an aftermarket 1/8" plug, which of course would lose the warranty. I complained about this and they sent me a brand new working pair without asking for me to send the defective pair back first.

Now I have two pairs and of course I'm morally obligated to ship the slightly defective ones back. But what do they do with the defective ones? It doesn't seem like Westone sells refurbished products so I assume they just dispose them. It sure seems like a waste to throw away Westone 3's with such an easily-fixed issue.

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 7
My experience with them has been good, but not ideal. If you're within warranty, they're generally very good. I had the right channel of my W30s die on me (volume is perpetually low) this week, and Westone's response is buy another from us for 25% discount. This is the second time I've had a channel die on the W30s, but first time out of warranty. I'm not inclined to do it again, so I'm taking my business elsewhere. Wish they could repair these things, as I really like the sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back