Westone Pro 50 vs Campfire Andromeda
Sep 24, 2018 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chips2481

Member of the Trade: Silvia Solutions
I have pro 30 and pro 50's, 1st gen. Just wondering what difference in sound the andromeda has vs pro 50 and whatever campfire's 3 driver set is vs pro 30's? I like the idea of the larger stem with a port for each driver instead of them all mixed together like the pro 30's and 50's do. However since most iem's have the same high end driver, the one that you can see in the pro30 and pro50's, these have mid and tweeter stacked on top of each other sharing the same metal cuff, or resonance tube. So on the andromeda's having three holes not sure how that would make sense other then for the sake of looks. Mids and tweeter are always going to be mixed.

Sep 30, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #6 of 7
Totally different toning. You will probably find andro is more bright and clear with much larger stage. This impression is based on w80.
This I agree with. W80 sounds smoother, but not in a better sense. I like the Andro better as the response seems more accurate tonality for me (it has more mids presence I think as well).

Just something to Note. Somebody a while back noted that the frequency response of ES5 was very similar to Andro. Doesn't sound the same at all. ES5 sounds more like W80 in terms of mids, but it's interesting how differ even with the frequency response looking similar.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #7 of 7
So the w80 basically has one of the dual bass from W series, one of the 4 speaker tweeter/mid from pro50/w60 and one of the tweeter/mid from w40/pro30. Andro has dual bass, dual tweeter/mid(same knowles as westone uses) and one larger mid right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back