Westone owners, Preferably of the 1, 2, or 3 (Tips ?)
Dec 3, 2009 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

xguntherc

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my new and exiting Westone 2 IEM's in the mail today. and oh I am exited. I threw they on with the stock, wide medium Comply's that were defaulted on the IEM. they sounded great but I have small ears n struggled with a good seal.

I was wondering what all you many many Westone owners have decided are some of the best tips for the westone phones. I know, I know. it comes with 10 different ones. I "should" be able to find something I like. What do you all like the most??

My small ears didnt like the comply's that came stock, but the best seal I achieved was with the skinny Comply's that are included, but they were to long and pushed the body of the IEM out of my ear. But i felt that was my best seal even tho the phones werent sittting where they should. Maybe I can cut them, or buy the skinny smalls.

I was able to hear my footsteps severely while walking and listening, never had that before but have heard it discussed here. Bone phonics. lol. Does that indicate a good seal when I get that? this is only my third IEM and I barely used my first one so Im still sort of new to having a "quality" seal.

Anyways, any tip suggestions would be great

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 10
Modded tri-flanges. Snip off the top flange, trim the bottom to even with the larger flange, and voila. My favorite non-custom tips with the UM3X. With the W3s, I liked the tri-flanges intact but with the stalk trimmed to about half its stock length.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 10
I just got a pair of Westone 1s today and am really liking the greyish one's. I don't really know what to call them, and after that I like the foamies and the triple flanges. I didn't really like the clear ones but I think I need to give a smaller size of them a whirl.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 10
I was in a similar situation, and I got some Shure Olives. Mediums fit pretty well. Very comfortable, good sound quality/isolation, and above all, much more durable than complys.

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 10
Ya tsarn I think I will try trimming down the triples long stock to be flush. And maybe make it Dual if need to. Where can I buy some medium/small duals that fit the westone phones, will what fit the er4 and er6i also fit this?

Is it possible that my ears are way different on left and right, from the triples, to the soft silicone dark grey, even the clear ones with the same size the right ear is much easier to insert a tip. With the small Soft flex tips I can insert the right ear with ease and without pulling my ear or wetting the tip, opening jaw etc.. But the left takes some work maybe I'm just dumb.... But only I get to say that lol.
biggrin.gif
. When I do get a seal it's a great well rounded sound, I can totally hear more layers in a few songs

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #8 of 10
Thats not the term for that, Bone density. something. I've heard it discussed here before.

I'll try to cut down the tri flanges tip today. but I'd like to buy some duals somewhere

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Modded tri-flanges. Snip off the top flange, trim the bottom to even with the larger flange, and voila. My favorite non-custom tips with the UM3X. With the W3s, I liked the tri-flanges intact but with the stalk trimmed to about half its stock length.

What he said. Works perfectly for me on my W3s.

--Pony

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #10 of 10
I really want the UM56 tips. but I don't wanna spend another $100 dollars. but then they'd work with my ER6i also. well my im616's i mean.

I'd think something hard like the UM56 would hurt your ears after a while though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back