Westone: Now THAT's customer service!
Feb 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AndrewF

100+ Head-Fier
Recently returned my W3's to Westone because it seemed like there was a problem with one driver. No more than 4 days later I got an email stating that they had inspected them, hadn't found a problem with the drivers, but did think that the cable was unraveling a bit. So- they decided to send me an entirely brand new set, which arrived maybe 2 days later. That's fantastic customer service, and one of the reasons I have both UM2's and W3's.

It gets better though- yesterday a SECOND brand new W3 showed up in the mail!! Of course I'm going to return them to Westone (although I must say that it is very tempting...)

Wow.

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 5
WOW, VERY GOOD TO HEAR THAT.

I got the um2 and W3 both as well. Both well built and great sounding.

My shure se530 once got that cable spilt. It took them a month(seller to authorized distributer to shure) to give me a new pair. And they just changed the earphone themselves, not even the extention cable

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 5
My W3's developed a short in the cable.  I asked if they could replace with UM3X with replaceable cables instead of another pair of W3's.  They agreed so I sent back the defective W3 and they shipped out the UM3X the very same day and over-nighted them to me with tracking.  That exceeded my expectations.  Great company...and the UM3X is awesome.  Forgot how good it was. 

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 5
That's fantastic news. One of the things I was worried about with my Westone 4 was the cable becoming an issue (it was the issue with my SE530 as well). But it's comforting to know Westone are good with that. Personally though I think all higher (even lower) end IEM's should just be fitted with removable cables. Ideally the same pins as customs so we can enjoy some of those more expensive cables!

[size=medium]

Quote:
My W3's developed a short in the cable.  I asked if they could replace with UM3X with replaceable cables instead of another pair of W3's.  They agreed so I sent back the defective W3 and they shipped out the UM3X the very same day and over-nighted them to me with tracking.  That exceeded my expectations.  Great company...and the UM3X is awesome.  Forgot how good it was. 

Ok now that is SERIOUSLY good customer service. Kudo's to the guys at Westone.
[/size]

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 5
No Doubt Westone Customer service is outstanding. They are very kind and informative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back