Westone Mach 70 - Anyone here could give feedback versus other IEMs?
Oct 26, 2023 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Loftprojection

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at the Mach 70 because my main criteria for IEMs is comfort while sleeping and critics seem unanimous in favour of Westone IEMs. However when you spend that kind of money you also expect good sound! I currently have the Beyer Xelento first gen so I wonder if the Mach 70 could be in the same league sound wise, better would be even better obviously! haha

Any feedback from owners or people who tried them will be appreciated because there isn't much talk here on Westone IEMs.

Thanks

Oct 27, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 3
Must be a reason why nobody talks about them don't you think? :)

I currently have the Beyer Xelento first gen so I wonder if the Mach 70 could be in the same league sound wise
Comparing to Xelento, Mach70 are less energetic and engaging. They are somewhat blunted, lacking in resolution and clarity. And the timbre of many instruments sound artificial to me.
Could be somewhat remedied by the right tips and EQ, it's still a glaring difference when i switch back to IER-M9, like veil has lifted and all that, an immediate boost in resolution and musicality.

This all wouldn't be so bad if price was way, way lower, but for $1k+ they are not worth the money. Only buy if you're a westone "house sound" fan, and if you can return them easily.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks a lot Tiax, really useful info you are providing. Ho well, it’s not easy to find small and very comfy IEMs with good sound for sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back