Westone Introduces the ES60 - 6BA Custom In Ear
Jul 24, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #46 of 59
damn, now I wanna sell my es5's and get these!  curse you head-fi!!  (sorry, that was my wallett, not me) 
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #47 of 59
To my eyes, that CNET review looks suspiciously more like Westone PR than a genuine review. So blatantly, that I can't believe anyone would take it seriously as a review.

And if retailers can discount approximately $400, right off-the-bat, without even blinking, then that does rather go to show that the $1499 pricetag is [insert expletive here]

But... I'll still be interested to see what real end-users make of the ES60s sound quality, in comparison to other TOTL CIEMs.

I've nothing against Westone, personally, but I've seen nothing in this thread, or on their website, to convince me that the ES60 brings anything new to the table at an MSRP of $1499

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #48 of 59
  To my eyes, that CNET review looks suspiciously more like Westone PR than a genuine review. So blatantly, that I can't believe anyone would take it seriously as a review.

And if retailers can discount approximately $400, right off-the-bat, without even blinking, then that does rather go to show that the $1499 pricetag is [insert expletive here]

But... I'll still be interested to see what real end-users make of the ES60s sound quality, in comparison to other TOTL CIEMs.

I've nothing against Westone, personally, but I've seen nothing in this thread, or on their website, to convince me that the ES60 brings anything new to the table at an MSRP of $1499

FWIW, the CNET reviewer is Steve Guttenberg, who was also one of the reviewers in Innerfidelity's review of the 24 TOTL CIEMs back in May 2013:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed-steve-guttenberg

I am also interested in hearing more feedback on the ES60.  I did see the 2 positive comments from current owners earlier in this thread.  I'm considering the ES60 and ES50.  My audiologist is offering the ES60 at $1300 and the ES50 at $1000; prices include the ear impressions, which I already had done for $110.  With so few reviews/comments on the ES60, I'm inclined to go with the ES50 since it appears to be about the same as the ES5.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #49 of 59
  FWIW, the CNET reviewer is Steve Guttenberg, who was also one of the reviewers in Innerfidelity's review of the 24 TOTL CIEMs back in May 2013:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed-steve-guttenberg

I am also interested in hearing more feedback on the ES60.  I did see the 2 positive comments from current owners earlier in this thread.  I'm considering the ES60 and ES50.  My audiologist is offering the ES60 at $1300 and the ES50 at $1000; prices include the ear impressions, which I already had done for $110.  With so few reviews/comments on the ES60, I'm inclined to go with the ES50 since it appears to be about the same as the ES5.

also fwiw:  Steve seems to be have been an open fan of the ES5 for some time now.  So, its no surprise that he would like the 6.  

It is a shame though, that Westone is not better at describing their monitors sound signatures, or how one differs from another.   

Aug 12, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #50 of 59
  also fwiw:  Steve seems to be have been an open fan of the ES5 for some time now.  So, its no surprise that he would like the 6.  

It is a shame though, that Westone is not better at describing their monitors sound signatures, or how one differs from another.   

the es5 was a great iem tho

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #51 of 59
With so few reviews/comments on the ES60, I'm inclined to go with the ES50 since it appears to be about the same as the ES5.

If you must judge the quality of a product by the amount of ramblings it receives on a public internet forum, you should go for the Jerry Harvey Roxanne. By now, it has had 100 times more pages..
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #52 of 59
  If you must judge the quality of a product by the amount of ramblings it receives on a public internet forum, you should go for the Jerry Harvey Roxanne. By now, it has had 100 times more pages..
wink.gif

Ramblings, lol.  Yes, I've skimmed the Roxanne threads, including the 400+ page thread.  For various reasons, I don't think the Roxanne is for me.  I would like to listen to the universal Rox one day though.

Dec 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #54 of 59
After enjoying the earphones for quite a while I find that they loose their seal quite easily especially the left ear. I tried putting some clear nail polish around the clear shaft of the buds which helped the tighten the seal somewhat but not perfectically. Any ideas on how to make he seals last longer? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back