Westone Introduces the ES60 - 6BA Custom In Ear
Jul 2, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #34 of 59
  Any idea if the ES60 uses the bigger bass drivers that are used in the ES5 or did they shrink the size so they could fit both in there?

popcorn.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #35 of 59
one would think that the number one priority in marketing the 60's would be how they compare to the 5's.  As a very long term and happy es5 owner, I would truly consider making this upgrade, but with no information on what to expect...

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #36 of 59
Oh man, everyone's kissing the Roxanne's ass but not a word of how they compare with the long touted and loved Westone ES5. Are they trying to hide something away from us?

If they're so great, how come no one compared them to the ES5? For the marketing and rave reviews they've gotten (Roxanne), one would believe they're piped in from another world and offer godly sound quality.

I even asked Jude and others who have the Roxanne to compare them if possible with the ES5, but no one even flinched about this.

I will definitely get the ES60 if they're significantly better than my ES5s, but not until I see some reviews and get to try them out.

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #37 of 59
Oh man, everyone's kissing the Roxanne's ass but not a word of how they compare with the long touted and loved Westone ES5. Are they trying to hide something away from us?

If they're so great, how come no one compared them to the ES5? For the marketing and rave reviews they've gotten (Roxanne), one would believe they're piped in from another world and offer godly sound quality.

I even asked Jude and others who have the Roxanne to compare them if possible with the ES5, but no one even flinched about this.

I will definitely get the ES60 if they're significantly better than my ES5s, but not until I see some reviews and get to try them out.

http://www.cnet.com/news/westone-goes-for-the-gold-with-its-new-es60-in-ear-headphones/

great es60 review and he has the Roxanne review coming soon. That's the only direct comparison I've heard of between the 2

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #38 of 59

http://www.cnet.com/news/westone-goes-for-the-gold-with-its-new-es60-in-ear-headphones/

great es60 review and he has the Roxanne review coming soon. That's the only direct comparison I've heard of between the 2

He's been having the Roxanne review coming for more than 1 month now. Hope it won't be another month until we can see a professional comparison between the 2.

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #39 of 59
I placed an order yesterday (7/2/14) for the new ES60. A local music store which is a Westone dealer offered me a price of $1040. I asked 3 times to make sure this was for the ES60 and he said yes. So I had impressions made for $35 and they were sent off yesterday. I ordered them in Champagne translucent color with white logo overlay. My order did not include any faceplates because i'll be damned if I'm going to pay $70-$100 for 2 nickle-size pieces of plastic.

My review, when they come in, isn't likely to satisfy many in here because my previous IEM experience is limited to the Westone UM-2 and UM-3Xrc, both with and without UM-56 custom eartips I had made. Obviously I am happy with the Westone house sound, and I found the UM-3X to sound wonderful so I'm hoping the ES60 is even mo' betta. lol.

It's been said before but I'll repeat it, once you experience a custom earpiece, there's no going back, so that's the road I'm on.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #40 of 59
  I placed an order yesterday (7/2/14) for the new ES60. A local music store which is a Westone dealer offered me a price of $1040. I asked 3 times to make sure this was for the ES60 and he said yes. So I had impressions made for $35 and they were sent off yesterday. I ordered them in Champagne translucent color with white logo overlay. My order did not include any faceplates because i'll be damned if I'm going to pay $70-$100 for 2 nickle-size pieces of plastic.

My review, when they come in, isn't likely to satisfy many in here because my previous IEM experience is limited to the Westone UM-2 and UM-3Xrc, both with and without UM-56 custom eartips I had made. Obviously I am happy with the Westone house sound, and I found the UM-3X to sound wonderful so I'm hoping the ES60 is even mo' betta. lol.

It's been said before but I'll repeat it, once you experience a custom earpiece, there's no going back, so that's the road I'm on.

That's great to hear man and congratulations on getting the new model!
By the way, can you tell me the name of the store you got it from?

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #43 of 59
I have been enjoying my E5s for a little over a year now and like them so much I decided to order a pair for my partner. When I was in the process of placing the order I noticed Westone has a new line the ES series that has a step up from the E5 being the ES50. After reading about the new line on the web I decided to order a pair of ES60 to replace my E5s and a pair of ES50s for my partner. 

They arrived today and I can't take them out of my ears!! IMHO they are quite a step up from the E5 in the bass and clarity. Well worth the investment to my ears and listening enjoyment. So far I have listened to O Giusto Cielo(the opera aria from the 5th Element) and the Allman Brothers Melissa and Blue Sky which were fantastic!!!   

So I would encourage anyone looking for the best sounding in ear head phones not hesitate if you are considering the ES series the ES60s in particular.

I got a sweet deal from Devin Cunningham at Sweetwater on both the ES50 and ES60 plus they had 2 years same as cash financing so the purchase has been fairly painless for me! Sweetwater does not have the ES series loaded on their website as yet so you will need to call Devin to get the latest and greatest deal! 

The ES60 are without a doubt get a big 5 Star rating from me!!!

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #45 of 59
  I have been enjoying my E5s for a little over a year now and like them so much I decided to order a pair for my partner. When I was in the process of placing the order I noticed Westone has a new line the ES series that has a step up from the E5 being the ES50. After reading about the new line on the web I decided to order a pair of ES60 to replace my E5s and a pair of ES50s for my partner. 

They arrived today and I can't take them out of my ears!! IMHO they are quite a step up from the E5 in the bass and clarity. Well worth the investment to my ears and listening enjoyment. So far I have listened to O Giusto Cielo(the opera aria from the 5th Element) and the Allman Brothers Melissa and Blue Sky which were fantastic!!!   

So I would encourage anyone looking for the best sounding in ear head phones not hesitate if you are considering the ES series the ES60s in particular.

I got a sweet deal from Devin Cunningham at Sweetwater on both the ES50 and ES60 plus they had 2 years same as cash financing so the purchase has been fairly painless for me! Sweetwater does not have the ES series loaded on their website as yet so you will need to call Devin to get the latest and greatest deal! 

The ES60 are without a doubt get a big 5 Star rating from me!!!

I would give it 5 stars and would even post a picture if I could, but unfortunally posting of pics is disabled for newcomers like me. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back